Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Super 1050B?

I read the FAQ's. Im considering a Super 1050B. I read about some problems with it and just wonder if Dillons got it straightened out??

I have a 550B and I load about 15,000 to 20,000 rounds in a good year.

I plan on shooting more this year and not spending so much time on the machine.

Thanks,

Jim

I don't have the "Super" but.... I have a 550 that I loaded over 100k rounds on then went to a 1050. DO NOT WAIT - The 1050 is one of the best things I ever bought. :wub: It's wonderful to be able to have the car loaded to go to the range...realize you don't have ammo...15 minutes later off to the range with 300 rounds. I will RUIN you for any other press. :D

I don't have the "Super" but.... I have a 550 that I loaded over 100k rounds on then went to a 1050. DO NOT WAIT - The 1050 is one of the best things I ever bought. :wub: It's wonderful to be able to have the car loaded to go to the range...realize you don't have ammo...15 minutes later off to the range with 300 rounds. I will RUIN you for any other press. :D

What he said, don't try a 1050 unless you are ready to buy a 1050 B)

My brothers got a 650 and I recently got a chance to load on a friends 1050 (about 200 rounds) and Im hooked.

But I've read the Super 1050 may have problems?? Anyone ever load on one? I thought I read that Dillon cleared up alot of problems. Anyone get a recent example?

Thanks,

Jim

I am running two Super 1050's there were a couple of updates no problems since. Loading 38 super & .40 anything you buy today should have the updates. The only diffrence between Super 1050 and RL 1050 is the stroke length. If you're going to load rifle Super 1050 is said to be better. If you could find a used RL 1050 that would be slightly better for pistol applications.

Thanks

I guess I was just reading some of the FAQs. I guess early models had problems. Thats all cleared up.

Openshooter, I noticed you said you had 2 Super 1050's to load .38 and .40. How difficult is it to convert the machine from .38 Supercomp to .40 ? From what I've read it should be able to be done in 30 minutes or less. Is that correct?

Thanks Again,

Jim

If you've got another toolhead, the conversion should be 15 minutes or less once you get good at it. Without another toolhead, you have to reset all your dies. Keeping the same primers helps a lot too.