Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 FALLEN BRETHREN 3-GUN CHALLENGE

The match covers a pretty good chunk of terrain. The upper two stages (8 & 9) will require you to HUMP your kit up a fairly good hill (steep, short and untimed of course :D) and it is not wagon accessible. The lower 7 stages are wagon/cart accessible and will have vehicle parking withing a hundred yards or so.

Hope this helps with your logistical planning.

-6-

How about golf carts will they make it ????

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The match covers a pretty good chunk of terrain. The upper two stages (8 & 9) will require you to HUMP your kit up a fairly good hill (steep, short and untimed of course :D) and it is not wagon accessible. The lower 7 stages are wagon/cart accessible and will have vehicle parking withing a hundred yards or so.

Hope this helps with your logistical planning.

-6-

How about golf carts will they make it ????

I am told "no" golf carts will not make it up these two stages but there are looking into alternate ways to get people there without issues. However, if I am mistaken, Jim/John/Sheldon will correct me here. :unsure:

Edited by Ms. Kitty

Fallen Brethren 3 Gun Challenge Up date.

Wednesday at Range 2:00-5:00pm for ROs and those shooters shooting on Thursday only. I will continue Registration at the Comfort Suites Hotel on Wednesday 6-8 pm if necessary.

Thursday at the Range from 12:00-5:00 pm. Registration will continue at the Comfort Suites Hotel in Bridgeport TX at 6:00-8:00 pm. If you are not going to make registration, please contact me as soon as possible so arrangements can be made. I am NOT having registration Friday morning so please be prepared to register during the posted times. Sandra Orvig sorvig@comcast.net

Sponsors:

WE WANT TO THANK THE GENEROUS SPONSORS THAT ARE SUPPORTING THIS MATCH. WITHOUT THEM THIS WOULD NOT BE POSSIBLE.

DSG Arms MAJOR MATCH

Leupold MAJOR MATCH

Remington MAJOR MATCH

ECS Composites GOLD

SureFire GOLD

Warne Scope Mounts GOLD

XS Sights GOLD

Roth Concepts Innovations GOLD

Alamo Tactical GOLD

DPMS STAGE

Hornady STAGE

Horus STAGE

JP Enterprises STAGE

Larue Tactical STAGE

MGM STAGE

Noveske Rifleworks STAGE

Stag Arms STAGE

Combat Medical Systems SILVER

Evolution Gun Works EGW SILVER

Battle Comp Enterprises BRONZE

Benchmade Knives BRONZE

Oakley BRONZE

Syrac Ordinance BRONZE

Viking Tactics BRONZE

Black Rain ordnance

Brownells

Range Officer Meeting:

The range officer meeting will be held Wednesday evening at 5:00 pm at the Comfort Suites in Bridgeport.

Shooter Meeting:

The shooter meeting will be held Friday morning at 08:00 on the Spartan Tactical Range Complex.

The start time for the match stages will be directly after the meeting at 09:00.

Round Count:

Rifle 200 rounds, Pistol 150 rounds, Bird Shot 100 rounds and Slug 12 Rounds.

Hotels:

All three hotels are co-located in the same area. All three hotels have a discounted Spartan Tactical rate of around $60.00 a night.

Comfort Suites located at 2302 10th Street, Bridgeport, TX 76426 (940) 683-5777. If you have any questions, please ask for the manager, Jamie.

La Quinta located at 2300 10th Street, Bridgeport, TX 76426 (940) 683-2040. If you have any questions, please ask for the manger, Mireya.

Bridgeport Suites located at 905 US Highway 380, Bridgeport, TX (940) 683-1790 Talk with Mindy and Cheri for the Spartan Tactical rate.

Golf Carts, Wagons, Rickshaws and Mules:

Wagons or Carts would be handy to have at stages one thru seven. Stage eight and nine will be pistol and rifle only and the hill will be difficult to negotiate with carts or wagons. We will have a DSG’s Penzgauer Swiss military vehicle to assist transporting people and gear to these stages two stages, 8 & 9.

Slings:

Not Required for our match.

Food:

There will be a vender selling food and drink for the competitors.

Heavy Metal:

Heavy Metal will be a division this year with a minimum of eight shooters, next year it will be ten shooters for a division.

A one-power optic can be used for the Heavy Metal division and Tactical Iron Division.

Tactical Irons:

A one-power optic can be used for the Heavy Metal division and Tactical Iron Division.

Prize Tables:

There will be a separate prize table for the different divisions and order of merit will determine the order.

Weather:

Early December in Texas can be mild in the mid 50’s to 60’s to cold around 30 to 40 degrees. Please dress appropriately for any weather and bring a rain jacket.

Stages:

Stage descriptions will be posted soon on the Spartan Tactical web site.

Test Fire/ Zero Range:

We will have a range devoted to test fire and zeroing set up on the right side of the pistol/ carbine bays from 8 TO 10 during the match Friday thru Sunday.

Waiver Forms:

Please go to the Spartan Tactical; Fallen Brethren 3 Gun Challenge web site and print out your waiver. Bring it with you to registration

Miss Kitty needed an assistant & since I will be in Texas that weekend, I volunteered to help her out (she has certainly bailed me out too many times to count!). I have to leave Saturday & Sunday for a meeting in Dallas, but look forward to seeing many of you at registration & on Friday.

I will be nice to work a match where someone else is the boss :D

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Hey Fence sitters. This match is not one to skip this year, I bet if you try to get in next year after finding out just how good this year is. = you may end up on a wait list, back seat to the shooters that made this years event.

And I got some very good news this weekend Reliable Re-con Intel that the stages will be good to great.

Send in you entry or Be Sorry

JF

Ok guys, I know its been a beating waiting on the stages. They are finally DONE! They will be posted as soon as possible on our web site. In the meantime follow this link for a downloadable file. Let me know if it doesn't work.

Look for new link below.

Edited by lthb

Either I'm reading them wrong, always a possibility or there are some serious typos in those stages. Round counts and guns don't match up. One says slug targets to be engaged with pistol. some have rifle listed but nothing in the description.

Also how are the BC plates for pistol scored. One hit? Two?

Either I'm reading them wrong, always a possibility or there are some serious typos in those stages. Round counts and guns don't match up. One says slug targets to be engaged with pistol. some have rifle listed but nothing in the description.

I only found a typo in Stage 6 but I am assuming it is either 16 rifle or 16 pistol with the typo being a missing 1 in front of the round count.

The round counts are calculated with 2 on paper and 1 on steel so a pistol target would require 1 round per engagement as I read the description.

You are correct, there is a typo and it is being addressed as I write. I am trying to obtain an aswer onf the BC plates for you.

We've just added a graphic "Range" page that covers how the FB3Gun is arranged on the Spartan complex. Cut/Paste the following into your browser to go straight to that page.

fb3gun.com/Range.html

A couple of notes: You can 'zoom' into the page for higher resolution. This comes at a cost... dial-up users may see this graphic load very slowly (60 sec). For most connection speeds, it will not be an issue. Hope this page answers some of your questions.

See you this week.

-6-

Spartan 6,

Can you tell me how much running will be required on the stages? I'm concerned more about the distance that needs to be covered. Any steep slopes to walk/run up or Down?

I got a bad ankle and I'm trying to decide if I can shoot the match. Walking isn't a problem but running or a twisted ankle could be really bad.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Jesse,

I'll try to give you a clear answer without sounding patronizing.

How fast you move (it is a timed competition after all) is up to you. There are NO stages that require you to run any distances. Most of the stages are smooth. There ARE some areas that have rocks (think big flat rocks in a creek bed) that would preclude a wheelchair but a toddle would have no problem walking over them. Just regulate your speed.

If you look at the range graphic, you'll see our 300m carbine range towards the northern stages. There's a gravel road that leads up to stages 8 & 9 as it parallels the north side of the carbine range. Where the road makes the 90 degree turn away from the carbine range is where you'll have to take your time. The road/path climbs about 100' over 200' of eroded natural stone.

Assuming you carry only your holstered pistol, slung rifle and enoght rounds to complete those stages, you should be able to slowly navigate the hill, especially with members of your squad helping. Once up the hill, you'll be good to go. Just take it slow and steady.

(smart ass alert) or you could challenge your squad to carry you in a seated liter. (end alert)

Hope you choose to join in the fun. Until then...

-6-