Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any Info on UTG 1-4x28 30mm LONG EYE RELIEF CQB RIFLE SCOPE

DFinan

I was looking around and found this scope UTG NEW 1-4x28 30mm LONG EYE RELIEF CQB RIFLE SCOPE was wondering if anyone has heard anything horribly bad about this scope. Looking for somethign bargain basement along these lines. Will probably step up to a much better scope after the beginning of the year.

I have not heard of that scope before but I would stay away from UTG. Shoot iron sights and save your money.

+1

With anything, especialy optics, you get what you pay for. If you seriously want an optic, do a little more poking around on this site and buy once cry once. Lots of good info around here.

I would avoid any UTG, NC Star type scope. For a budget, get the 1x3 weaver V3. In the 160 buck range and is pretty good glass for the coin. If you upgrade later, you can recoup a decent amount of your investment.

I bought one last year, to get me by for a couple weekends, while waiting for my PST, after I sold my CMR and returned my burris tac30 and xtr. For the price, it really wasn't all that bad, returned to zero after dialing up/down quite a bit, was pretty clear and had really forgiving eye relief.

Edited by rc2125

Thanks for the advice regarding this scope, I have decided to pass on it, shot iron sites a little longer until I can get a better lower end scope. Looking at the burris Tac 30, or the Vortex both of them have been mentioned elsewhere as good entry level scopes, just need to save up a few pennies.

I was looking around and found this scope UTG NEW 1-4x28 30mm LONG EYE RELIEF CQB RIFLE SCOPE was wondering if anyone has heard anything horribly bad about this scope. Looking for somethign bargain basement along these lines. Will probably step up to a much better scope after the beginning of the year.

I had one for quite some time. I sold it with the rifle I got rid of. This is going to piss some people off, but I honestly think for the money, I would take that again over the burris tac 30. The only thing I did not like about the UTG is that the retical was a vertical/horizontal line. Other than that, the glass is really clear, the eye relief is pretty amazing, and it is closer to a true 1x than anything below $600.