Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Attn: Match Directors

xpd54

THANKS.

I always knew match directing was a lot of work and appreciated all the work of the MDs out there. But now I have a new appreciation of the work MDs do. I had the opportunity to be the MD for the Ohio Police and Fire Games going on this week. WOW. Talk about long days and lots a work. So anyway, I just wanted to say thanks for all the work you do.

THANKS.

I always knew match directing was a lot of work and appreciated all the work of the MDs out there. But now I have a new appreciation of the work MDs do. I had the opportunity to be the MD for the Ohio Police and Fire Games going on this week. WOW. Talk about long days and lots a work. So anyway, I just wanted to say thanks for all the work you do.

+1. Takes a LOT of Dedication. We really appreciate all the hard work.

Jack

I see a lot of "discussions" harping and praising on MD's and RM's but when it's time to plan a match, whether local, regional or National, it's hard to find help or someone to do tasks, It's our sport, requiring all of our participation. Please get involved in some way. Being involved in the process and management of matches gives a great appreciation and greater understanding of how the game is played.

• 10 months later...

This last weekend I had the opportunity to be the Match Director of our club ( The St.Lucia Shooting Association)as we held our 10th Annual Independence Tournament. We had competitors from the neighboring island of Barbados and some of our local club and local law enforcement agencies participated.I must say the planning was draining and when it came to the setting up and execution of the match, the people who said they would assist suddenly vanished......leaving the Match director and his faithful few to do all the work. Thank God the MD's don't do this work for money or praise, but for the love of the sport. At the end of the day the success or failure of these activities depends heavily on their presence and guidance. Lets just keep up the good work and work towards keeping the sport safe and active.