Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grip Test

robot

here's my amateurish way of testing three different types of grip techniques and how it affects the gun. I'm using my 38 super comp loaded with 10gr N105 and 124gr MG CMJs making 172pf. three string, six shots rapid fire same ammo.

this is what I tested :

1. Weak grip (barely holding on to the gun)
  2. 70/30 (70 left, 30 right)
  3. 100/100 (hard crushing grip using both hands)

checkout the video and please comment on the results :

#3 looks to do the best from that POV. I would like to see you do bill drills using the same grips as you tried and see what happens. #2 also wasn't to bad just might have to slow up a fraction of a second on the trigger finger.

Hey Thanks for doing that test. I think I was somewhere between test one and test two. I have been working on my grip to get it between tests 2 & 3. I like that so much better for my dot.

I thought your test 2 & 3 looked very similar to the first post you made about ejection. Which confirms what I could gather watching the original video (I thought your grip looked fairly firm).

So, now that you have done the test, what grip are you leaning towards? Are you going to put the grips to test using the Bill Drill?

Keep us posted.

It seems that #2 and #3 had the same total range of flip, but #3 dipped down on slide return more whereas #2 came back to level. Maybe try #3 with a lighter recoil spring.

Spot on. Dipping down will cause that, try cutting spring coils 1 at a time

or go next one down in recoil spring. Good stuff. Thanks for posting.