Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3rd IDPA match, 1st overall

EurAzn12

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I know this is a can of worms, but aren't IDPA matches a competition? Therefore shooting to win, and "gaming" it, just a natural part of the competition. In a real life self-defense scenario, you can be damn sure I'm going to game the hell out of it and make sure I have the same number of holes I was born with when I walk away, and the BG has several more, preferably all in the -0 area :blink:

You're right. That's a can of worms, which is why, here on BrianEnos.com, we don't discuss "real world versus match shooting". Please re-read the guidelines for posting on these forums. Thanks. :)

Check rog :blush:

I was simply trying to illustrate the fact that when the buzzer sounds, training and practice kicks in and how I shoot is how I shoot

Edited by EurAzn12

Fast times, down zero - sounds like the perfect combination to me.

Yeah - in theory, but no matter the speed, if you shot an entire match clean, how would you know if you couldn't have gone even faster? A few points down shows you weren't going too slowly, while still keeping you very close to where you should've been. I feel I'm there when I add 5 - 7% to my raw time. Over 10% is too many, and you're shooting beyond your control, IMO.

Tom

I would be willing to bet that if you shot an entire match clean you were going too slow. There are shots where there are partial targets due to no-shoots or hard cover where it's much faster to shoot for "center of brown" and get a couple of down -1 hits instead of taking the time to nail a partially obscured -0 or go for a head shot.

So buddyro, when are you going to shoot that, master class classifier :rolleyes::roflol:

Leave ends for me tomorrow, going back to the east coast to find where I can shoot one.

Cool, keep us all updated,because, we gots taknow :cheers:

So buddyro, when are you going to shoot that, master class classifier :rolleyes::roflol:

Leave ends for me tomorrow, going back to the east coast to find where I can shoot one.

Sunday 7/24/11, Easton PA. hammer down at 11am

Easton Fish and Game is running the classifier as part of our July match.

You can get info on the EFandG web site or or nepaidpascores.net

Sorry mods for the match announcement but every one wants to know how this story turns out.

BTW I'm not sure where you shot that referenced match but they have some COF rules violations, %25 steel max in a stage %10 max in a match. Also a lot of nubes that do great there first couple of matches are runnin pretty fast and loose with the rules,usually cover. I'm not sure how tight they are calling PEs.

Sunday 7/24/11, Easton PA. hammer down at 11am

Easton Fish and Game is running the classifier as part of our July match.

You can get info on the EFandG web site or or nepaidpascores.net

Sorry mods for the match announcement but every one wants to know how this story turns out.

BTW I'm not sure where you shot that referenced match but they have some COF rules violations, %25 steel max in a stage %10 max in a match. Also a lot of nubes that do great there first couple of matches are runnin pretty fast and loose with the rules,usually cover. I'm not sure how tight they are calling PEs.

The SOs at eaton are generally consistent with rules as are the other SOs in the area where I shoot. I know of one SO specially that shoots at easton alot that is VERY consistent with cover calls. In fact I got one at the independence match from him in the shoot house.

The SOs at eaton are generally consistent with rules as are the other SOs in the area where I shoot. I know of one SO specially that shoots at easton alot that is VERY consistent with cover calls. In fact I got one at the independence match from him in the shoot house.

This is and always has been a problem with the SO's in IDPA ask me or the guys from Rolla PD that is/was the HK guys( they brought all theirs toys and ammo for us to play with them WOW) at the 2000 Ks state IDPA match held in Dexter,KS. But,yea some of the SO's was/are real Son ** *****'**

And yes we do want to know how this story ends :cheers:

Guys, we're not allowed to do match announcements in the IDPA forum, or actually anywhere else on the board other than the dedicated Match Announcement forum. Please don't do this again. Thanks.

yea, what Duane said!! or we may never know the end of this story.

• 3 weeks later...

I guess EurAzn12 is just going to leave ua all hanging on this one. lol

I wouldn't do that to you... USMC1974 you must know how it is to be in the military and have mandatory training that calls you away from things you really want to do, right? No worries, there is a classifier coming up soon around my area (so I've been told by the rumor mill and a few MD's) I'll keep ya'll posted :cheers: Until then, back to training