Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Problems with case feeding, need ideas?

Please forgive the "technical" words, and jargon used, but here is what is going on.

The Black Triangular doo-dad that slides back and forth when the case drops from the feed-tube to the feeder plate, is really difficult to move when the handle is pulled down. The "prongs" that hold the case in place when dropping from the feed tube broke, and Dillon sent me a whole new Black Triangular doo-dad to replace it with. When I installed it, and started to prep cases, after about 10-15 cases the handle started to get really difficult to pull down. I noticed the rod that slides along the triangular piece is binding. So I oiled it, still had a problem. I tried adjusting the rod, up and down, still too much pressure. I noted that when the handle is in "nuetral" position there is a small gap between the rod, and the black plastic when looking at it (see pictures below). When the handle is pulled with slight pressure, and the tool-head starts to raise, the "rod" contacts the plastic triangle, and pushes down on it. The entire black plastic triangular piece then angles towards the rod, and binds up. If I push the triangular piece by hand away from the rod, the entire assembly slides smoothly. Obviously I can't push this piece every time I pull the handle. Any ideas and what is going on, and how to fix it?

Try greasing the rails of the platform extension that the black nylon plunger slides on, so that it slides more readily. Use grease, not oil- bearing grease or gun grease is fine.

there are 2 alen heads under the shell plate, make sure there tight, if there not take em out and put some blue lock tight on em, see if that does anything for your problems good luck, if it doesnt call dillon they can pretty much fix anything in with a 90 second phone call!

Try some wheel bearing grease on the part the rod tip slides on. I have a new one of them hoochiewow blocks they sent me after the front broke like yours but 20k rounds later it still works, and after reading this no way I am going to change it. You might want to take some 600 grit and smooth it out or even 1000/1500 before putting WB grease on it. Also I thing the rod is only adjusted high enough to allow the case to be slid into the shell plate having an excessive amount of space might be causing it to impact downward, I'd have to look at mine.