Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Meopta ZD 1-4x24 now available

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the link to the review. You said that the dot is .5MOA on 4x but everyone here was saying that it was 2MOA on 4x. Trying to figure out which one it is.

I'm pretty sure it's 2 MOA at 1x. The dot just covers a 1inch paster at 50 yards at 4x so wouldn't that be .5 MOA?

By the way, I did post a review of this scope if anyone is interested.

http://www.recoilsports.com/2011/10/review-of-the-meopta-zd-1-4x22-part-i/

Good info. Don't forget to change the reticle in your title ("Recoilsports.com" with the Trijicon reticle's tip providing the ".").

Sounds like it's a 2moa dot at 4x: you say it covers 1" @ 50 yards --> then, given the principles of angular measurement, there's no way it can cover 0.5" (less target diameter) at 100 yards (greater target distance). Angular measurement: 1" @ 50 = 2" @ 100 ( = 4" @ 200, etc.).

Will you be joining us for IDPA or Speed Steel this weekend?

Best,

ac

Edited by ac4wordplay

• 2 weeks later...

The reticle for this scope has been added to the Strelok Ballistic Calculator (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.borisov.strelok&hl=en)

I thought it was very cool that the developer of the program added the reticle after I made a donation to his program and requested that he consider adding the reticle. May not be that helpful during a match, but it's still cool!

Steve

Steve - Thanks for the heads up on the ZD reticle being added to Strelok. Without the reticle in there, I was going to the table in the app and fimding the bullet drop in MOA, the referring to an image of the retie that I made on paper. This will make things much easier now. Thank you for your donation that convinced the developer to add Meopta's reticle!

The reticle for this scope has been added to the Strelok Ballistic Calculator (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.borisov.strelok&hl=en)

I thought it was very cool that the developer of the program added the reticle after I made a donation to his program and requested that he consider adding the reticle. May not be that helpful during a match, but it's still cool!

Steve

Thanks for the heads up Steve I just updated the version on my phone.

I had intended to talk to him about adding it after I got the data for the reticle from meopta, but just never got around to it.

Steve

Thanks for the heads up Steve I just updated the version on my phone.

I had intended to talk to him about adding it after I got the data for the reticle from meopta, but just never got around to it.

Your welcome! Sounds like you guys like the Strelok app as well. I've found it to correlate well with other Ballistic programs and more importantly correlates with results in the field. I assume you have found the same. I'm surprised the developer isn't charging for the app. He must be putting a lot of time and effort into its development.

I've had the new Meopta for a couple weeks now and have been able to shoot with it a fair bit up to 300 yards. I love this scope. The 250 yard zero recommended above works as well in the field as it does on paper. The side "bars" are helpful when gauging windage, especially with the aid of the Strelok app. Looking forward to using it in a match.

Steve