Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Witness Match vs. Limited in 10mm - Please School Me

kwesi

I would appreciate hearing about the pro's & con's to each of these pisto's. This is what I understand:

1. Cost factor much higher for the Ltd

2. Match does not have the flared magwell

3. Match does not have the slide tapped

Am I correct that:

1. Both are SA?

2. Both take double stack mags

3. The trigger's are the same AND offer the identical adjustments?

4. Each barrel has different rifling - not sure if one is considered more accurate.

5. Both require a 21# guide rod/spring +/- ( Sprinco or Wolf ) to stop the slide from getting beat up with hot loads.

That's about all I know from researching it here and on the web. The jury is still out as to whether I'll upgrade from my G20 but these are the two best options I've found to consider. I appreciate any and all advice!

I cant speak exactly about the 10 mm, but I own both in 40.

As you noted these are the only real differences, other than the finish.

1. You are correct.. the Limited does cost more.. about $450 depending on where you buy.

2. The Match has no magwell

3. Correct the match is not tapped.

1. Both are single action

2. Both take the same mags

3. the triggers are the same

4. I think the Limited barrel is considered to be better.. but I have great accuracy with both.

5. No idea on the springs with the 10mm.

Limited mags require the aftermarket basepads.

They technically don't require them... They would be useful though if you are competing with other shooters in USPSA Limited Division so that you'll have approximately the same bullet capacity. If on the other hand, you are competing with other shooters in IPSC Standard or Modified divisions, I think that you'll be in good company with the stock mags, but you can get an edge by going with some aftermarket pads.

Limited mags require the aftermarket basepads.

They technically don't require them... They would be useful though if you are competing with other shooters in USPSA Limited Division so that you'll have approximately the same bullet capacity. If on the other hand, you are competing with other shooters in IPSC Standard or Modified divisions, I think that you'll be in good company with the stock mags, but you can get an edge by going with some aftermarket pads.

Yes,I believe they do.to fit in the limiteds magwell.

I see it as the match being more of a target pistol and the limited as an action pistol. Don't get me wrong, both are very accurate, but all the components you get on the limited make it more sutable for competition. I had it explained to me that if you are going to shoot in competition you will probably want the limited. Sure the match costs less, but if you add the mag well, fiber front sight, supersight in the rear, drill and tap the frame, get the over size ambi safety, and upgraded barrell (probably not necessary) you have spent more than what a new limited costs. And you still won't have a full length dust cover and extra weight to fight 10mm recoil.

I ran the factory base pad on my mags for a little bit in my limited, but I had to sand down the pads to fit in the mag well. I just upgradd to H141 pads though and its much better.

Also depends on the game you are playing. I love my Limited but I can't shoot it if I play IDPA. My match pushes every limit in IDPA but it still fits within the ESP division.

There are other differences that the Limited has verses a Match.....

(1) Frame - The Limited frame has a long dust cover and checkered front/back straps on the grip. The beaver tail on the Limited frame is also larger.

(2) Sight - The Limited has an adjustable bomar style rear sight. The Match uses a smaller style adjustable rear sight.

(3) Safety Levers - The Limited has larger extended safety levers.

(4) Barrel - The Limited has a Bull Barrel. The Match has a straight barrel with a bushing.

(5) Mag Release - The Limited has an extended Mag Release button.

(6) Hammer Pin - The Limited uses a solid hammer pin that is retained by another pin. The Match uses a roll pin that can not be replaced with a solid pin.

The upgrades on the Limited verses the Match are well worth the extra $$$ they charge if you are going to compete with the gun. If you are only going to be plinking with the gun then the Match will work just as well as the Limited. Both guns are very accurate and function great right out of the box if you use the new style Mec-Gar magazines.

There are other differences that the Limited has verses a Match.....

(1) Frame - The Limited frame has a long dust cover and checkered front/back straps on the grip. The beaver tail on the Limited frame is also larger.

(2) Sight - The Limited has an adjustable bomar style rear sight. The Match uses a smaller style adjustable rear sight.

(3) Safety Levers - The Limited has larger extended safety levers.

(4) Barrel - The Limited has a Bull Barrel. The Match has a straight barrel with a bushing.

(5) Mag Release - The Limited has an extended Mag Release button.

(6) Hammer Pin - The Limited uses a solid hammer pin that is retained by another pin. The Match uses a roll pin that can not be replaced with a solid pin.

The upgrades on the Limited verses the Match are well worth the extra $$$ they charge if you are going to compete with the gun. If you are only going to be plinking with the gun then the Match will work just as well as the Limited. Both guns are very accurate and function great right out of the box if you use the new style Mec-Gar magazines.

I do not yet shoot competition but usually attracted to the bells and whistles. I've located some new Limited's for sale but I've not found any Match's. Does EAA limit the 10's? I've not found anyone offering a Match so I can't even compare the prices.

Has EAA changed the slides recently on either or both of these?

Kwesi> I suggest you call EAA with questions about their products and availability. Its better to get information from the horses mouth verses getting "hear say" responses from the general public.

Kwesi> I suggest you call EAA with questions about their products and availability. Its better to get information from the horses mouth verses getting "hear say" responses from the general public.

It never occured to me since I've read so many bad comments about their customer service. I was hoping someone knew who had them for sale. None of the sites I'm aware of have any listed in stock. Thanks for the suggestion.