Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting 10+1 in the 11-87

RodneyLtd

I am getting my 11-87 setup for open class and I am looking for a mag extension that can give me 10+1 rounds in the gun.  The longest Choate model is listed at 9+1.  I have seen others post with tube that gives 10+1.  Where could I find a longer extension other than the Choate (if possible).  I did a search and could not fid anything. Any help would be appreciated.    Thanks, Rodney

I'm not sure why you don't want a Choate, but I have one and I don't have any problems fitting 10 + 1 in my 1187. Brownell's carries the Choate. I have also seen them on Gunbroker and Ebay. You might also try Speed Shooters International. They carry a good selection.

-deke

Yendor,

Why just go for 10+1, most competent metalwork companies could make you one using a choate as a

basis and you could have it as long as you like. Most

open shooters using 11/87's I know can fit 14+1  2 1/4 (65mm) and 12+1 2 1/2 (70mm) cases in theirs. If you are open class go for it!

PS my choate for limited takes 10+1 2 1/2 cases.

Take care

Mike

USPSA rules differ from IPSC rules and set a current limit for Open Division of 11 rounds.

This is in part a solution for levelling the playing field but mainly responds to a current US legal problem in that magazine capacity is restricted to 10 rounds in all guns and magazines supllied after a certain date (I'm sure someone will soon post the correct info here).

There is a a possibility that this law will lapse in some States in 2004 but not in all.

I have a TacStar which gets 9+1 on my 1100 with Fed Walmart packs and Rem High vel.

I called Choate and asked about their tube and they said it's only 9+1. Briley is selling a true 10+1 tube.

And I have a friend who's a very skilled machinist who made me a beautiful 10+1 tube using my original Rem mag cap for a case of beer. How cool is that?

Neil,

OK now I am begining to understand the complexities you are facing re writing the IPSC rules!!

Do many other countries have different laws, if so how are you going to accomodate them? You love an easy life dont you!

Mike

Hopefully all the AW ban laws go away in Sept 2004

Apparently Bush already said that he would sign a bill to make it permanent.

Sen. Sweinstein say's she's preparing a bill to do that and toughen it and also to move 50 BMG to Class III.

Quote: from kbear38S on 6:45 am on Mar. 4, 2003

Hopefully all the AW ban laws go away in Sept 2004

Apparently Bush already said that he would sign a bill to make it permanent.

Sen. Sweinstein say's she's preparing a bill to do that and
toughen
it and also to move 50 BMG to Class III.

I haven't heard anything of a sort from Bush. Do you have any sources for that info?