Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need Help ruling on this situtation.

DocMedic

Well since the cats out of the bag on how and who I just wanted to state that I have no ill will or intent against BritinUSA or Casamen. I just didn't know how to score this it could had gone either way.(Thats why I tried to describe the situation as broadly as possible.) I came here to ask this question to only educate myself in case this happens next time. Sorry if this cause some stirrings.

I thought it was a solid question, which we tried to answer in the context of "No-shoot only." With additional information coming in, the call changes as well....

- If the bullet touches the perf of the NS, then it can go on from there (to score and/or to the next thing). If it's full diameter is completely in the NS, then it cannot go on to score.

- Then, the same thing applies to hard-cover. It is either a full diameter hit or not.

- Then, if the bullet (from the above) can go on to score and hits the plate... score them as they stand whenever the shooter decides to stop.

- If the bullet cannot go on to score...but, makes it through an knocks the steel down, then it is then a reshoot for REF (shoot through).

As the RO, I would not stop the shooter. You most likely won't be able to make the determination on an edge hit without closely examination after the shooting is done. (If you can, then it would be most obvious.)

As a shooter, I wouldn't stop. Same reason. There is no way to be sure on an edge hit. Finish the stage and see where things fall.

BTW, walls that have edges that might get hit...any holes in those ought to be taped up (some kind of masking type tape works better than pasters).

Well since the cats out of the bag on how and who I just wanted to state that I have no ill will or intent against BritinUSA or Casamen. I just didn't know how to score this it could had gone either way.(Thats why I tried to describe the situation as broadly as possible.) I came here to ask this question to only educate myself in case this happens next time. Sorry if this cause some stirrings.

I thought it was a solid question, which we tried to answer in the context of "No-shoot only." With additional information coming in, the call changes as well....

A key element here being the NS attached to a wall as compared to a target stick. The first is impenetrable, the second is nonexistent as far as the COF. A distinction that can come into play for many COF's. We have set up COF's that have NS's attached to walls to provide penalties in case the shooter cuts the corner to tight as well as some freestanding that are acting as vision barriers. I will admit to not always paying strict attention to what the NS was attached to when assessing penalties. But thinking about it unless the target in question is steel, REF would not be part of the equation either way.