Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP01 Shadow Target Custom or 75 SA Target?

J_Clan

I've been drooling over the SP01 Shadow Target Custom for over a year and have now seen a number of folks shooting the 75 SA Target. Both guns are from CZ Custom which I'm fortunate to live within 15 miles of, so I've had opportunity to handle them both in their shop. My question is which gun would you purchase and why? What are the advantages of one over the other? I'm shooting Limited with a Browning High Power (it's what I had) at this point and would like to pick up something better suited to this type of shooting. At this point I'm only shooting the Tuesday Night Steel matches at Rio Salado but would like to get into some USPSA shooting in time.

Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated...

Shadow - That way when you join USPSA you can shoot production. (you could also shoot limited minor but will give up lots of points to the guys shooting major)

SA Target is not on the production list

Exactly as stated above. I personally went with a 75SA stock gun recently instead of the SA CUSTOM since I could do the upgrades myself and actually end up with a better gun for considerably less money. I plan on using my SA for limited minor and outlaw 3 gun, but the Shadow could be used in Production, Limited Minor, Limited 10 Minor, Steel Challenge, IDPA, and whatever else you want to do.

I've been drooling over the SP01 Shadow Target Custom for over a year and have now seen a number of folks shooting the 75 SA Target. Both guns are from CZ Custom which I'm fortunate to live within 15 miles of, so I've had opportunity to handle them both in their shop. My question is which gun would you purchase and why? What are the advantages of one over the other? I'm shooting Limited with a Browning High Power (it's what I had) at this point and would like to pick up something better suited to this type of shooting. At this point I'm only shooting the Tuesday Night Steel matches at Rio Salado but would like to get into some USPSA shooting in time.

Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated...

I would purchase the shadow target custom because it is legal in USPSA production division, the SA target is not.

You can shoot the 9mm SA target in the limited, limited 10, and open divisions but it will not be competative due to it scoring minor and limited magazine capacity. The shadow target is very competative for the production division.

If limited is your thing I would get a CZ tactical sport in 40 S&W with extended basepads. That would be a competative limited gun.

Edited by Philo_Beddoe

If you are just looking to shoot TNS, SC and Spring Steel here locally the 75 SA is a dang fine choice and is not outgunned in any of those events. If you want to shoot the USPSA events I would go with the Shadow or the 75 Shadow (which should be on the USPSA Production list next month). As others have said the 75 SA just does not have a level playing field in any of the divisions it is legal in.

Neither, get a 75 Shadow T (or 75 Shadow if you don't need the adjustable rear sight).

As Neomet said, they should be USPSA production legal any day, they're already legal for IPSC, and it's the only Shadow that's legal for IDPA in both SSP and ESP.

The 75 SA Target is it's SA-only, firing-pin-block-burdened older cousin, if you've got the choice, you don't want the FPB, and you can always make any Shadow SA-only down the road very easily, it'll just have a better trigger than an SA Target as it has no FPB holding it back from reaching it's full potential.