Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Leupold Prismatic Questions

usp45ss

All you guys running the Prismatic, which reticle are you running and why?

Also, is there any difference between the regular old "hunting" Pris and the "tactical" one (other than the tactical being all black and by default more badass)?

Any reason to get the Larue mount other than to make it more awesome looking? I've never been impressed with any of Aimpoint's factory mounts so I figured I'd check.

All you guys running the Prismatic, which reticle are you running and why?

Also, is there any difference between the regular old "hunting" Pris and the "tactical" one (other than the tactical being all black and by default more badass)?

Any reason to get the Larue mount other than to make it more awesome looking? I've never been impressed with any of Aimpoint's factory mounts so I figured I'd check.

Don't know about your first question but Larue mounts do more than just look good. They go on and off while maintaining their zero and they are tough.

Pat

Pat, I was pretty much joking with that statement. Guess i forgot a smiley face somewhere. I own 5 Larue mounts on various things. This one will not be removed from the upper so I just needed to know if the factory mount is good to go.

A few quick Prismatic observations.

I like the hunting model better. The 'Tactical' version is only avaliable with the circle/cross reticle and I find it way to busy, a circle is fine, a cross hair is fine, together is too much. I find the Double Circle reticle the best for my use.

The factory mount sucks. I've played with two, and both were loose. With the screws that hold the mount together I could move the scope body left and right in the mount. The slot in the bottom of the mount does not lock tightly onto the spacer. I am getting the LaRue mount and hoping this will solve the problem.

Sight picture is awsome, crystal clear and blows any red dot I've used away. I put it on my 9mm Carbine and so far everyone who has handled it loves it.

Edited by T Bacus

Pat, I was pretty much joking with that statement. Guess i forgot a smiley face somewhere. I own 5 Larue mounts on various things. This one will not be removed from the upper so I just needed to know if the factory mount is good to go.

Sorry about not catching the joke.

Pat

No issues with the factory mount (certainly was never loose on any gun I put the scope on). The tactical reticle is no more busy than a Eotech.....it is one of the better choices if you are shooting tac iron. Eye relief is not as good as I hoped for.

I had no problems with the factory mount but recently I got a LaRue mount for $60 which was a steal.

The crosshair reticule is too thick for precision shooting in my opinion.

Thanks for the info guys. My Pris showed up yesterday. Got the dcd reticle. Ended up with the tacti-cool tan version (it was cheaper :rolleyes: ).

What issues do folks have with the eye relief? My upper won't get put together by me for a few weeks so I haven't got to mount it on a gun yet.

Thanks for the info guys. My Pris showed up yesterday. Got the dcd reticle. Ended up with the tacti-cool tan version (it was cheaper :rolleyes: ).

What issues do folks have with the eye relief? My upper won't get put together by me for a few weeks so I haven't got to mount it on a gun yet.

There won't be any issues as long as you stay in heavy metal with it! :roflol:

You won't notice eye relief and parallax issues as long as you shoot it as a scope and not as a dot.

dcd reticle, whats your hold points?

With a 200 yard zero shooting 400-500 - a smidge. If that doesn't work, a smidge higher for each subsequent shot. I sent mine off for an elevation turret and I should have it back soon.

Edited by DyNo!