Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Mentor Telling Me

JimmyZip

My employer, and mentor, whom I've stuck with through these hard times, and who was the first person to really show me what I was capable of called a meeting today. Amongst all the things we discussed this came up. it is hard to see those we care about go through these things. I'm just glad to be amongst those who will be there for him whatever it may be. It is under his guidance, and through his go-get-it attitude that really helped me believe that I could do some things I was scared to try. He let me dry-fire in the shop while the machines warmed up in the mornings. He gave me a job in a management position when I first got sober, knowing full well that I had.

He gave me the courage to have faith in myself when I had none. He gave me paid time off when my last daughter was born.

I will pray for him. He is my friend.

I feel the same way about my mentors.....I think of them as more of big brothers than anything else...When they hurt, I hurt...I would not be the man I am today if not for them...they straightened me out, gave me goals, and pushed me towards them...I owe them more than I can ever repay, in way of knowledge, character, attitude, drive, integrity, and just about anything else in that line of thinking you can think of...My prayers go out for the ones that help the undeserving that turn out to be deserving....

My dad was/is my number one mentor.... :cheers: