Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FB3G rules clarification

Looking at shooting a few matches this year that are going to be using FB3G rules (never shot a match that has before). One thing I need a little clarification is shotgun capacity for Tactical. From the rules it says:

6.6.7 Tactical Shotguns may only hold 8 rounds maximum in the tube.

Ghost loading is specifically not allowed.

Does this mean the physical capacity of the gun needs to be limited to 8 rounds, or can I only load to 8+1 at any given time? The reason I ask is my Benelli's tube can hold 10 and I need to know if I need to look a way to plug it(or get a new tube) for certain matches.

KY state 3gun and I believe the RockCastle Pro-Am are both using FB3G rules. I'm sure others are as well.

Pro-am rules for tactical state:

6. 3.2.6 Shotgun magazines capacity is unlimited, however only 9 rounds permitted in gun for loaded chamber start and 8 rounds in gun for empty chamber start.

well good! i dont have to worry about it for the Pro-am then B) . Just need to devise a plug system for the KY state 3gun in June. will most likely be the only match ill need to worry about this year.

Corey-folks have been "plugging" their shotguns for decades with wooden dowels or sticks. Round the ends to keep from snagging on the spring and place in the tube.

Dave

thats what Ive done before to my waterfowl hunting guns

Corey-folks have been "plugging" their shotguns for decades with wooden dowels or sticks. Round the ends to keep from snagging on the spring and place in the tube.

Dave

thats what Ive done before to my waterfowl hunting guns

I knew we had something else in common

Anyone happen to know if FB is doing another match late in 2011? I saw they did what looks to be a March 2011 one but I don't know enough about it to know if they only do it once per year. I may actually be down there to shoot it for once if they have one between July and Jan some time.

I use a cut down shotgun hull. Never caused any problems.......(walks away to knock on wood)........

I use the same thing in my SLP. Worked for all of BRM3G. :cheers:

I thought of that last night. I may put a shotgun hull or 2 in the end of my tube and see how it works. I like that idea better than having a wooden dowel rod slide up and down inside the spring and potentially catch on something.

I thought of that last night. I may put a shotgun hull or 2 in the end of my tube and see how it works. I like that idea better than having a wooden dowel rod slide up and down inside the spring and potentially catch on something.

I trim off the crimp and put it in facing away. The spring goes against the rim of the shell.

Corey might I suggest that the spring is more likely to catch in the plastic of s shotgun hull than in the wooden dowel rod? The rod is going to slide freely inside the spring and it is highly unlikely that it would catch. Regardless of whether it will catch or not, that plastic hull is not going to last long before it starts to crush and it puts your spring under more pressure. The wooden dowel inside of the spring does not alter the pressure on the spring since it just blocks the follower.

I unscrewed the end of the tube extension and took a look at what I had to deal with. There is a small plug already at the end of the spring, so I cut down 2 shotgun hulls and put them behind that small plastic plug. Works like a charm! Limits capacity to 8 now and i still have a little spring room for the 8th shell to go in.