Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Are new toolhead stands metal or plastic?

I have some older toolhead stands at are metal and not painted blue. Looking at the pictures of new toolhead stands, I see they are blue, but cannot tell if they are still metal or plastic from the picture.. Can someone let me know?

I have some older toolhead stands at are metal and not painted blue. Looking at the pictures of new toolhead stands, I see they are blue, but cannot tell if they are still metal or plastic from the picture.. Can someone let me know?

I got some more a few months ago and they were metal.

Funny about the silver/non coated stands. I bought a bunch of Dillon stuff (550 with 13 complete caliber conversions was part of it) from a reloader who passed away and the stands were part of it. I got 12 that were blue and one that was silver? I just figured one didn't get coated. I guess they sold them bare for a time and them started coating them?

Neal in AZ

I found a picture, 2006 on the left, and 1985 on the right, the 1985 version powder measure has the safety rod modification that came out a couple of years after I got it. Its sitting on the old style stand with a wood base.

69650707.jpg

Edited by g56