Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

OpenDot's transition from U to GM

OpenDot

I haven't shot with you for a while and I noticed you are much better, even after taking some time off. I guess that is showing in you overall ranking in the match. Your transitions are getting much better.

You should come out to Deer Tribe steel challenge on Sunday. Good transitions help in steel challenge matches, also there is very little running.

Just a question but how are you a GM when USPSA has you as a C? Is that just your classification for those steel matches and has nothing to do with USPSA? Nice shooting by the way!

Tuesday Night Steel at Rio and Thursday Night Steel at PR&G both use similar rules and they have their own classification. After 3 wins in your class, with enough people in the class, you move up to the next class. There are no set classifiers so this is the way everyone is classified. There are quite a few steel shooters that do not even shoot USPSA. At TNS steel there are probably 25-30 GM's and maybe 10 of them are USPSA GM's.

Joe

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't shot with you for a while and I noticed you are much better, even after taking some time off. I guess that is showing in you overall ranking in the match. Your transitions are getting much better.

You should come out to Deer Tribe steel challenge on Sunday. Good transitions help in steel challenge matches, also there is very little running.

Just a question but how are you a GM when USPSA has you as a C? Is that just your classification for those steel matches and has nothing to do with USPSA? Nice shooting by the way!

Tuesday Night Steel at Rio and Thursday Night Steel at PR&G both use similar rules and they have their own classification. After 3 wins in your class, with enough people in the class, you move up to the next class. There are no set classifiers so this is the way everyone is classified. There are quite a few steel shooters that do not even shoot USPSA. At TNS steel there are probably 25-30 GM's and maybe 10 of them are USPSA GM's.

Joe

Joe, thanks for the kind words. Always a pleasure to shoot with you. Everytime we shoot together I always learn something from you...you're a huge help my friend, I appreciate your friendship and guidence!!!!!

I'm doings target transition and dryfire drills...15 minutes of each a day (well, most days anyways LOL)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, i've been lazy as hell. Switched job, left BofA afrer 4 years. just couldn't handle it anymore, was almost to point where I was going to punch my boss even though she is female. So today I put the rig on, dryfired for 20 minutes, 10 on draw/fire, 10 on target transition while reloading. Was lacking motivation so i spiced up my targets on one wall. Ex wife, last girlfriend and manager. That really helped.

Sat at the bench and did the most favorite thing in the world....reload ammo.....NOT!!!!!!!!!!!! tired of reloading ammo....period!

Taking bothy raceguns out tomorrow and sight them in, set up a few targets and do some live fire practice. Maybe shoot Rio tomorrow night but shooting rod and gun thursday for sure

photojan08174338.jpg

Edited by OpenDot

You seem to be "waiting on the mag" to get up to the gun when you are reloading. Whassup wit dat?

I have no clue, i'm falling apart...literally. I'm doing dryfire, transitions an reloads at home.

This was the worst "MISS-FEST" i've shot in forever, totally jerking the trigger to gain speed and all i did was waste ammo...

back to basics for this one....

http://youtu.be/N4XSo5vQjhA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got Engaged this last weekend on my birthday may 27th! :)

found a little bit of primers and powder but not much. Gonna try to dive back in if supplies start to get back up...miss shooting!! :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Well, it's time to get back to work. Cracked open the safe and gave the 2 open guns a bath, changed batteries, changed the oil, and started dryfiring last week. If the rain stops will go to PRG tonight with a new female friend and see just how much a year off slows your progress of suckage.

In the last year I've been very productve though:

Lost 80lbs - stopped drinking 4liters of Mountain Dew and eating fast food, bought a full suspension mt bike (trek fuel 8) i've got 20-30 more to go. Was 340lbs, now 260lbs.

post-25311-0-30682600-1405604746_thumb.j

now 260

post-25311-0-37808300-1405604793_thumb.j

post-25311-0-22503800-1405604804_thumb.j

Played the Jeff Hanneman (Slayer guitarist that passed away) metal fest Jan 31st

Played my old band "MOTIVE" 15 year anniversary show

Opening for Flotsam and Jetsam this Saturday night.

So, still waiting on powder but Shayne has some and Burkett said if I got off my lazy Fat Ass and met him somewhere he would get me some.

Time to go back to work, hope you guys are well.

Randy...don't suck tonight

Thanks guys, very much appreciated. My knee is doing much better with 80lbs of pure jack in the box gone.

Built my girlfriend a production rig today so she can shoot with me.

u2a5ybyb.jpg

I'm still gonna continue the suckage in Open

Looking forward to getting back to the range and sending these 124gr jhp little bastards down range at 1475fps!!!!

7uzudate.jpg

Thanks again guys :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...

Well after my first match back I realized I can still miss fast, my grip still sucks and I have work to do on trigger control.

My girlfriend did an amazing job her first time out!!!

I would post a youtube video but have been trying to figure that out now that the editor box has no youtube link or allow me to paste embedded coding into the reply much less a direct link code.

Anybody care to divulge WTF I cant post a video anymore?.

post-25311-0-18152000-1408220907_thumb.j