Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help on finding the upper screws for my SVIs' grips

Canuck63

Hi all,

as incredible as it may seem I'm having a hell of a hard time finding spare upper screws for my guns' grips :angry2: .

The Italian Infinity importer has sold them all and Midway-Italy's waiting for a new shipping.The only viable quick option would be,you've guessed that,eBay....but I don't know what to look for :unsure: ;I've found this seller ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Gw-Bhs-10-24-X-1-2-10-Button-Allen-Head-Screws-Hardwa-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3367182e06QQitemZ220772969990QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories ) and he should have what I need but since in Italy we go by the metric system I really don't know what to ask for!

Any help in this matter would be GREATLY appreciated!

Cheers

Manu

P.S.; God bless the U.S.Navy SEALS :bow: !

The upper main screws are 10-32 thread if I remember right. Problem I had was regular hardware store ones aren't threaded all the way so the screws got tight in the bushings before they tightened up against the grip. A thin washer might get you by until you can get the correct screws.

Thank you guys for your fast and kind replies!Gonna order a dozen of screws with the (supposedly)right thread and try them...they'll set me back a tenner or three...no big deal if they'l end up in the tool box unused :P !

@BlueOvalBruin...thank you for the link!You've hit the nail on the head with this one mate...not being "controlled parts" ordering them shouldn't be a major issue.

@Bob...too bad you cannot ship "not controlled" parts outside the USoA anymore...I've used them on all my guns!Last week I've emailed Brazos Custom asking if I could still order a few front sights directly from you since they're virtually unobtanium here in Italy but I got a neg :( !

Cheers

Manu

Manu.

Contact SPS in Spain as their screws should work fine on your SVI.(Assuming you have the plastic grip)

I have an SPS with an STI grip on and the SPS screws fit the STI grip with no problem.

Link to the SPS webshop. https://www.sps-dc.com/catalog/index.php?language=en&osCsid=dbb892670a4c2b162d6903ca61f9a500

Cheers and good luck

//Freddie

Edited by Freddie the Swede

Trigger guard screws are 4-40 1/8", upper grip screws are 10-32 3/16". McMaster-Carr has the correct lengths in stainless, or if you don't mind cutting longer ones to length, you can get carbon steel screws in hex or torx head that will not strip as readily as the stainless hex head screws do.

Try Speed Shooters International. They're in the US but the grip screws might not be a controlled part.

http://speedshooter...._list.cfm?ID=SV

Or maybe if someone knows the thread size, screw type, and material the local hardware store might have what you're looking for.

I orderd mine from SSI and had no problems. I live in Norway.