Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

May Match for Wayne County Raccoon Hunters

Due to the commitment to support The Ohio State Sectional by sending 12 shooters from just our club alone, we are moving our monthly match from the 4th Sunday to the 5th Sunday, May 29th.(Thank you Dan, Chris K. and Flex and all the rest of your staff for putting on the match in Ohio.) Sign up starts at 9am and first shot goes off at 10am. 7 field courses and a classifier are on the menu. Stages are of level III quality with enough movers, shakers and whirly things to satisfy even the most twisted shooters imaginations. Cost is $25 for non members, $20 for members and discounts for those that help set up and RO. Round count is going to be somewhere between 170-200 rounds so bring 300 to play it safe.

We will even continue to welcome our guests from that state to the south of us. It started with 5 guys and they continue to threaten us by bringing more and telling us that they are going to bring even more the next month. Our match continues to be an international match with Canadians from South of us making the trek accross the border and many from our western side of the state are making the journey as well. With 65-75 shooters the talent level is getting deep in every division so bring your A game if you expect to see your name at the top of the stats sheet.

Too Slow (Brian Killam) will update the thread with the classifier info and an official round count in the next couple of weeks.

See ya on the range,

Roy

There is strength in numbers Roy and you have one of the most diabolical stage props I have ever seen. The dreaded double swinger :wacko: (can you make them move at the same speed please?) Did anyone even hit the targets on that thing. Last months match was a blast and we are all looking forward to going :sick: North :sick: See ya one the 29th Roy :P

Did I mention that one of our crazy prop makers made us another duel swinger and is also working on "other" evil projects in his man cave? Wait till you see his version of a combination drop turner/swinger. Yes, you read that correctly. He is one of those evil engineer types over at Uncle Henry's Motor Works otherwise known as Ford Motor Company. I am suprised that the props have not been totally CAD/CAM'd and run through the wind tunnel to determine the optimal position to reduce drag as they go through thier activation process. Would you believe that Jason just got back into shooting last year after taking a few years off (for boating no less....)? He is making up for lost time and we all appreciate him.........well, kinda. Not when we look at the scores on stages where his evil contraptions cause misses and no shoots to spread like the Plague's European tour in the middle ages.

Yes, I did get all my hits on the double swingers. I shot each target four times as they became visible since they were timed opposite. I actually had 4 hits on each target. Didn't need them but I watched so many people miss that I wasn't going to take the chance. It is tough but a fun prop to use. Think of it as extreme training. If you can shoot the double, then regular swingers seem like you have all day and are no big deal. So really, we are helping you with your other match's performance's.

Be prepared for for one activated target activating another moving target and having to swing the gun back and forth........a lot at the next match.

Watch out for the distraction device(s) to be out again and you might even have to aim as there will be some plates involved. Who needs to travel to an area match and pay $100 or more when you have our match this close to so many? Yeah, we do kinda go a bit overboard compared to most local match's but really the effort to set up such good stages isn't really that much more with proper planning and such great help/support from our club members.

Hope to see everyone out in Ohio for the Sectional and then back at our place in Michigun the following weekend as we remember/honor those who have served and died on Memorial Day Weekend.

Roy

Will it make Tarr Baby complain that it's use should be against the Geneva Convention? If so, then we should do it. If not, go back to drawing board till you come up with an idea that does.

Now you have my mind going 100 mph on what to do next. My goal is to make a moving target that Tarr Baby can't hit. Just call me Dr. Evil

Jason

Jason, you might want to slow that mind of yours down just a touch.... us mere mortals will also have to shoot that mover too... :surprise:

Oh never mind.... go back to warped speed... we can set it up as a side match... I can see it now... Come one, come all.... see if you can shoot the mover that TGTB (The Great Tarr Baby) can't... :cheers:

woof

Jason, you might want to slow that mind of yours down just a touch.... us mere mortals will also have to shoot that mover too... :surprise:

Oh never mind.... go back to warped speed... we can set it up as a side match... I can see it now... Come one, come all.... see if you can shoot the mover that TGTB (The Great Tarr Baby) can't... :cheers:

woof

Careful Guys,

We might make it an out of state/country penalty target for those of you South of Michigun. Yes, that would Ya'll from The Ohio State and Canada too. Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it. Especially the "Door" stage.....hehehehehe, swingers, apear and returns, dropturners and clamshells. Lions, tigers and bears, oh my...........

In other words, "Yeah, we'll make it worth your while to make the trip up North". Now if only we could get you guys to go easy on the props though.......

R

• 2 weeks later...

Now lets see here... the match is about a week away....

If I add a clam shell to the stage with a double swinger throw in a turner and have eveything activate off of a white mini popper... with a no shoot behind it... all shot while walking on a 2X8 plank.... weak hand (if your from Ohio)... :surprise:

Or maybe that new gizmo that JEP came up with.... :bow:

Or something like that. Just wanted to remind everyone that the match is coming up so plan on coming out May 29. :cheers:

woof

OK Lady's and Gentlemen, now that the Ohio Sectional is over and all 40 shooters from the Detroit Metro area are back safely in Michigun, we are able to refocus our attention on the monthly match at the Wayne County Raccoon Hunters. 7 field courses and 1 classifier for 8 total stages all for the low, low price of $25 for nonmembers. Round count will be somewhere between 170-200 rounds if you don't miss, so bring 300 to be safe. There will be movers, shakers, turners, twisters, dropers and clamshells spread all over the place so be prepared for some serious fun. It is Memorial Day weekend, so we understand that many will not be able to attend do to family considerations but we will make it worth your time, effort and consideration if you attend. Sign up starts at 9am and first shot is 10am so please be on time and sign up early as that helps us with the squading and number of RO's I have to assign.

We look forward to seeing you all on the range (yeah, even that group from Ohio-they know who they are).

Roy

Joe,

Your new job is act like the responsible adult for your group. Oh, wait......that's probally not going to happen is it? Well, then just get them to the range on time and I will have our local FBI shooters there to keep an eye on your motley crew. Practice your tactical crane starting position. That is the only hint I am giving you. You have never seen our distraction device before have you???? Hmmmm................

Drive safe and see ya on Sunday.

R

Joe,

You have never seen our distraction device before have you???? Hmmmm................

R

What's She Look Like. :devil: Should I bring my camera.

Roy..

With all this talk of drop turning spinny things, It has made me cancel my other engagement to make the trip with ALL my brothers from OHIO to come up and shoot with you guy's again...

Look forward to all your diabolical props, and of course hanging out with all you guy's

Should I bring a tool kit this time, for when Ryan breaks something?

Now wait! I break what... four or five props in a year (I still say that popper I destroyed at West Penn was a defective piece of steel) and I'm marked for life? Seriously, if you can't make them hold up to little tiny 115 grain bullets maybe they should be better built! :roflol:

:cheers:

Hi all, figured that I had better get in here and let you know what we are looking at for this months match. It looks to be 205 :surprise: rounds if you don't miss. That is for 7 field stages and one classifier. Yes it is going to be mean and make you think 'Now How do I Shoot This'. The classifier is CM99-19 "Paynes Pain".

Brian

Well yeah but the classifier is the only easy stage that we have though. Lets see now.... there is the single turner that activates the double turner and the door that.... well Roy might get mad if I told you too much ahead of time.

Brian

I just double checked and the round count is 204.

Edited by Too_Slow