Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What up Fellas

KingdomWarrior

Hey everybody,

My name is Joshua Booth. I'm new to the forum and new to the shooting sport so any and all help is greatly appreciated. I've actually been working for STI International for almost four years now and am finally going to take the dive into IPSC shooting. We'll see what happens!

Welcome! But how can you work for a premier sponsor of the sport and not shoot? :unsure:

I've worked for a national land conservation non-profit for 15+ years and I've never done any actual land conservation. Just poking fun at'cha Grumps. :roflol:

Seriously, I'm just glad that we have a new guy who decided to get involved not because it was work related or that he was pressured into it, but because he wanted to.

So Joshua :cheers: and welcome! Methinks that you will have the gun side of your game well, um, covered.

• 4 months later...

Welcome Josh it's great to have you on the forums with us. Man, how good does that get you work for STI and now you are going to pursue the shooting sports. If it is like most jobs in fields related to an individual's interest it generally means a bunch of equipment and a reduction in money due to buying equipment at a discount. I once worked at a golf shop for free, but I always had the latest and greatest gear :roflol:

Hey everybody,

My name is Joshua Booth. I'm new to the forum and new to the shooting sport so any and all help is greatly appreciated. I've actually been working for STI International for almost four years now and am finally going to take the dive into IPSC shooting. We'll see what happens!

That sounds like a dream job! Is it?

Hi Josh. Welcome to the forum and IPSC shooting. If you work in Georgetown there are a lot of good shooting events in Central Texas. USPSA/IPSC, IDPA, Steel Challenge, 3 Gun and Action Pistol. I shoot 3 days a week during the summer plus a day of practice. Plenty going on :-)