Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Browning gold now runs Perfect!!!!!

3GunF1Guy

• 1 year later...

This is an old topic but I thought I would bring it to the front. Last April (4/29/05) we had a local 3 gun match and after that I cleaned the browing. Since then I have:

1- practiced for the mgm Ironman about 250 shells

2- shot the Ironman about 350-400 shells

3- normal practice on reloads and shooting with gun, 250 rounds at least

4- local match on 7-30-05, 100 rounds

5- practice for the 3-gun Nationals, between 250 and 350 rounds

On saturday when I was practicing reloads, shoot 6, reload 6, shoot 6, on a plate rack I let a woman who was at the range shoot the gun and she has a failier to feed on the gun. I shot it about 50 rds after that and it still worked. I am now going to clean it and take it to the 3-gun nationals next month. I think that the browning is great gun and for me is reliable as can be asked for in any shotgun.

Scott

Scott,

I found with my Browning that if you don't have an aggressive or strong stance the gun will not cycle correctly. I noticed my younger sons would have problems with the shotgun when I could shoot it flawless. One other note, I have run my BG for about 3 years started having some feeding problems, but when I updated the mag tube spring it started running flawless again, just like the recoil spring in a pistol.

I agree there is not a smoother shotgun when it is balanced.

Jerry Harp (AH6IP) is hands down the best Browning Gold gunsmith, far better than Briley. I think he was right when he said the more you shoot it the better it runs.

A final thought, I cleaned it before a 3 gun match and didn't shoot it again until I shot the match. I had feeding problems on the first stage and then it ran flawless. I figure the mag tube spring was sticking, so you might shoot it after cleaning it before the Nationals.

See you there.

• 4 weeks later...
I had similiar problems, the gun was stock except for a Briley 9 round tube. Either would not speed feed when empty, or would not feed a full tube reliably.

Sold it, the GS likes to build up Super X2's and has done everything else beautifully so that's what he gets. Cut and rechoked, vent rib, OH YEAH!!!

AH61P - email sent. Been almost two years, sick of waiting, time to get back in the game.