Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ75 SA Target, which div?

GregJ

I've shot IDPA with my CZ 75SA Target in ESP for a couple of years now, and would like to use this gun to start shooting at local USPSA matches. From what I can deciper so far, I would have to shoot Limited or L10 with it. Is this true? If so, how big a disadvantange would I be as a new shooter in either div? I think I'm on my 4th or 5th reread of the rules, and it just doesnt get any clearer. :wacko:

You are correct to say that the 75 SA can mostly be used in Limited and L-10. I imagine that this pistol is chambered in 9mm which means that you will have to shoot it for Minor score. If this is the case, you will be at a significant disadvantage. If you are not shooting Major PF in Limited and/or L-10 you are just throwing points away.

There are those that claim that, in order to level out the playing field all you need to do is shoot only Alphas. Easier said than done... The good news is that, even though you are shooting at a significant scoring disadvantage, you will still have fun and get some good trigger time.

Yes, it is a 9mm, so I guess at least for now I'll be better off just using it for IDPA, and using something else in Production or SS to start out with.

Thanks guys.

Yes, it is a 9mm, so I guess at least for now I'll be better off just using it for IDPA, and using something else in Production or SS to start out with.

Thanks guys.

Not 100% sure (Stu might know), but think if you were to convert to DA/SA by just changing out the trigger and adding a disconnector it would then just be considered a 75B and GTG in production division where you wouldn't get beat up for shooting 9mm. Since the exact same frame and slide combo (other than the different rear sight which is an allowed mod) is found on a couple run-o-the-mill CZ-variants CZ currently offers and produces, I don't think it would be a huge deal. Then you wouldn't need a new gun and not only would you be GTG to shoot cocked n' locked in IDPA ESP as before, you'd also be able to shoot in SSP hammer-down, DA first shot.

Edited by ck1

Not 100% sure (Stu might know), but think if you were to convert to DA/SA by just changing out the trigger and adding a disconnector it would then just be considered a 75B and GTG in production division where you wouldn't get beat up for shooting 9mm.

One of the checks for a USPSA production pistol is to check that it is on the list. The SA is not listed. I am pretty sure the conversion can be done but probably not worth it due to the list issue.

Not 100% sure (Stu might know), but think if you were to convert to DA/SA by just changing out the trigger and adding a disconnector it would then just be considered a 75B and GTG in production division where you wouldn't get beat up for shooting 9mm.

That used to be the case but, after the most recent revision, converting an SA model to DA/SA is not allowed in Production. This has to do with wording to the effect that "CZ has never produced a 75 SA in DA/SA". There are also significant differences in the design of these two frames (the beaver tails are recognizably different).

I already have a 75B 9mm that I could use in Production, but I just dont like the long trigger pull on either DA or SA - it really needs some work on it. I really love the Target, and of couse my Kimber GM. I also have a Sig P226 that if I were to shoot Production, I like it's trigger much better than the 75B, and would probably use it. I want to get my 16yr old son to go with me, and he shoots a Kimber Target, so both of us in the same Div would be fun, which is why I was leaning towards SS if I couldnt use my 75SA Target.

I already have a 75B 9mm that I could use in Production, but I just dont like the long trigger pull on either DA or SA - it really needs some work on it. I really love the Target, and of couse my Kimber GM. I also have a Sig P226 that if I were to shoot Production, I like it's trigger much better than the 75B, and would probably use it. I want to get my 16yr old son to go with me, and he shoots a Kimber Target, so both of us in the same Div would be fun, which is why I was leaning towards SS if I couldnt use my 75SA Target.

Your 75B+ a Competition hammer + 13lb hammer-spring and then maybe talk to Stu about helping him a little to get closer to that new Shadow... :)

Edited by ck1