Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How do you plan trips for shooting multiple matches?

Do any of you plan long trips/vacations around shooting matches? In other words, you want to shoot while traveling to Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, etc. Where do you find match dates/times so you can plan the trip? Do you just use the USPSA site? Anyone know of a mapping program that spits out a route if you enter dates and locations? If I have to do it the old fashioned way, I will.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by remoandiris

My family will check the USPSA, SASS and NRA web sites for matches along the route or at our destination for visiting family. Of course shooting several different disciplines helps with availability :devil:

Unless you are truly planning a SHOOTING trip, have contingency plans together. I have a family reunion in Nampa ID. in August and ALL of the matches bracket the weekend, none are listed for being while we are there. <_<

Another thing to check is if your favorite suppliers are along the way. It is a lot of fun to stop into Lasercast, Nosler and we are looking forward to shopping at MGM in Aug. :cheers:

We usually plan one major match at the beginning or end of the annual vacation. Neither my daughter shoot USPSA, however they both support me and they have been known to work a match. If I had more time, I would try to catch more local matches while traveling.