Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A big stick

If you are a good shooter, why do you need a light recoil spring in your gun?

Don't give me this bs about "feel"...shoot a setup that doesn't tear your stuff up, or crack your slide!

You are good. You can adapt to most any weight of recoil spring. Bump it up, or I feel I owe it to you to smack you in the head with a 2 by 4.

OK. Just for grins. What # recoil spring is in your open blaster? As of 5/23/2012

9 lb.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...
On 4/4/2011 at 10:59 AM, P.E. Kelley said:

God loves Flex!

I will make this brief as I can (I could get rather verbose on the subject of learning to shoot first then maybe monkey with your blaster.)

Over and over again we have newbie’s posting "I just got this Glock (or?) what do I need to it so I can be competitive?"

I cringe every time "we" offer up plenty of "buy these parts" suggestions instead of the old and boring “shoot the piece until you, or it, wear out!"

FWIW I "used" to be a GM (that's another story) and I made GM with a homebuilt Para in 45ACP using a Milt Sparks IWB holster shooting 185PF ammo

running an 18# recoil spring.

Was I handicapping myself...hell no! That pistol ran well and is still running in someone else's hands, today. Sure I tried the recoil spring parade following Jerry Barnhart’s (and Wolff spring company) doctrine: Spring up in weight until it won't lock back weak handed and drop spring weight till it does....done.

Sorry for the pointed rant kids, I've just been at this a long time and the best advice is..master the freaking fundamentals first…the rest of the JC Whitney crap will come and go. Skill CAN build forever!

Best to you all on your quest to be better tomorrow.

Patrick

I think you lost most of the younger audience at “JC Whitney”.....  LOL