Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Movie: Revolver

SpookyPistolero

I'm new here, and constantly new to the pursuit of 'zen'. Or more to the point, the pursuit of being aware and controlling my own mind.

I only started a thread to see, how many here have seen the movie "Revolver"? It's a Guy Ritchie film, of all folks. It's got a tremendous amount to do with realizing that you are not your thoughts, and that if you're not consciously aware of your thoughts then you also don't control them.

I'd highly recommend it for the next open evening you have. (It's available on instant-view on Netflix, incidentally.)

I greatly appreciate this forum and the focus on the [more useful] mental aspects of the game and how they apply to the rest of life.

Oh- I also just recalled an interesting and brief book I read a few years back called "The Power of Now". It's an interesting read. I might have to go hunt down a copy again...

• 1 year later...

"Everything good and bad comes from your mind. To find something beyond the mind is impossible. CHINUL

"All that we are is the result of our thoughts; with our thoughts we make the world. If a man speaks or acts with a harmful thought, trouble follows him as the wheel follows teh ox that draws the cart.

All that we are is the result of our thoughts; with our thoughts we make the world. If a man speaks or acts with harmonious thought, happiness follows him as his shadow, never leaving him." DHAMMAPADA

Edited by Biloxi23

• 2 weeks later...