Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Will the RAM work on M&P with mag safety?

OPENB

I got a couple RAMs from Brownells. Got one installed in my 9L with no problem. My other is a full size with the magazine safety. It is intended to be a duty gun, if our chief OK's us to carry something other than issue. I had to wrestle a little with it to get around the mag safety lever, but appeared to have it in correctly. Got the slide on, and the trigger is sticking front and back, and won't trip the sear. Took the RAM out, and reassembled. It works again, but the trigger is really gritty now and just generally feels like crap. Randy's video said it would not work on thumb safety models, so I assumed the mag safety was OK. Shed any light?

There are 2 versions of the RAM, the standard and the light version. The light has a different spring that is designed to work with the mag disconnect model M&P's, and as the name implies, it has a lighter tactile reset.

You can remove the disconnect (google it and look for instructions from Dan Burwell or Youtube) but you'll still need a longer spring to fill the void left by the disconnect lever (found at Speed Shooter Specialties as Mag Safety Deactivation Spring). You'll also need a frame plug as It acts as a spacer and prevents the left side steel insert from distorting due to torque under recoil.

Edited by U.Duck