Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Flipped primers in 9mm

Fastex500

I am returning to reloading after about 20 years and have set up a progressive in 9mm. I have adjusted everything and am getting good, consistent production, but every once in a while, the lee primer will feed a primer in upside down (even after ensuring they are all correct in the disc).

Not that it is a big deal to trash a case, but is there a way to remove a seated primer safely?

Thanks!

The only way I know of is to decap it with the sizing die very slowly. You may want to wear ear muffs and safety glasses (which you should always wear anyway). I don't see where it would really hurt anything if it did pop.

I've never had it happen and I've decapped them this way before.

Best bet is probably to just dispose of safely though..

put it in you pistol and shoot it if you are affraid to just press it out with your press; Then it is a dead primer. I shot some last night. I did the first one to scare my wife, it worked pretty well! :devil: then I did the other 2 just because... I was out of bullets so I was done reloading for the night and I had 3 primed cases leftover.

edt I missed the part where they were upside down... I would press them out.

Edited by Paul-the new guy

put it in you pistol and shoot it if you are affraid to just press it out with your press; Then it is a dead primer. I shot some last night. I did the first one to scare my wife, it worked pretty well! :devil: then I did the other 2 just because... I was out of bullets so I was done reloading for the night and I had 3 primed cases leftover.

edt I missed the part where they were upside down... I would press them out.

I was reading this going this guy is insane.

I shot some last night. I did the first one to scare my wife, it worked pretty well! :devil:

Paul, I'm not sure where you live, but in certain parts of the country,

"scaring your wife with a firearm" can be considered assault???

And don't forget the fact that you're not getting sex again any time soon!