Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Computer Crashed

CZinSC

About a month ago my wife's external HD crashed. Turns out she wasn't backing it up. Lesson learned the hard way, going to cost me about $400 to get the data back. (lots of pictures, about 800, so it's not replaceable). She does photography and backs up the clients pictures, Hadnt gotten around to the family ones,she was going to get another extrahard drive the next day and bam! Too late. $400 buys a lot of loading components.

Edited by Mattog22

Yes I hear you. I was out of town for a week for a school. After about two days my laptop crashed. I went to the local Best Buy to see if they could maybe fix it. I had to end buying another laptop.

The PC we use for my daughters therapy (she's autistic) crashed this week also. :angry2: Its an expensive one with a touch screen, etc. Not much lost in the way of data as it is mostly programs and services. However, it isn't going to be cheap to replace...... Not to mention my daughter isn't too happy right now....

The good news is the computer is on its way back to me. Tech had a devil of a time getting the data off. It's a Solid State drive RAID'd together ( 2 x 256GB ). He was able to get the data and reimage the hard drive, put data back on. The other good news is my boss approved my request for a backup drive. So I've got a Western Digital 1TB drive on it's way too. That way i can back up my home PC along with the work one!

Tech had a devil of a time getting the data off. It's a Solid State drive RAID'd together ( 2 x 256GB ).

Might want to setup that RAID to mirror rather than stripe. That way you won't lose your data if you lose 1 of the solid state drives. Especially since you will have the external for storage.