Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Think I am going to take the plunge

Patrick Scott

I have been a gun collector for a long time. I have guns that I "had" to have that have been in the safe for years. Some I didnt even remember/know I had. Thats comming to an end. I just finished going through the safes, closets and corners around to round up the herd for some culling. My plan is to reduce the herd to my two AR15s, .22lr bolt gun, Deer rifle, Glocks, and two old Colts. Once the culling is done, the funds from the cull will go into purchasing a G34 and associated gear for USPSA Production. With what I have lined up everything should be gone by Saturday. I already paid for a years membership to USPSA and have a decent shopping list put together. Wish me luck, maybe someday we'll get to shoot with each other.

I'm an old timer who left and has now returned. I'm doing the same safe clearing to marshall funds for cleaning up my "working" guns and buying new ones! :goof:

I used to be one of those guys who didn't care what they looked like as long as they functioned. All of my guns are unfinished or partially finished franken guns. They all function and shoot straight but now I want them to at least look decent.

• 5 months later...

Welcome aboard Patrick. It sounds like you have already fallen victim to the curse of USPSA buying more stuff :) This is a great sight for those of us new to that competition and just reading the posts of those more seasoned that we are is very informative. Good luck and I will be keeping an eye out for your progress.

Edited by Aggieddad02

I forgot all about this thread, guess its time for an update. I did take the plunge. I sold a enough old stuff to get into a Glock 34, some mags, Comptac kydex and CR speed belt. Did a "New Shooters" clinic hosted by the great folks of Green Mountain Practical Shooters back in April and shot a special classifier match in Production the next day. To date I have shot 4 matches with GMPS placing(in order) 8th, 7th, 4th, and 2nd. There are on average 18-20 shooters in Production including shooters from U to M. I have moved from D to C with two my last two classifiers a B. I'm hooked! I also got my younger cousin into it, he has shot the 3 of the 4 matches with me with a Glock 19 he purchased for carry and comp. Next step is to sell some more stuff/save up for a Dillon 550 as the amount of 9mm we go though is not always in stock locally. I must give a big thank you to the people on this board, with out you guys I would not have got into this great sport or learned(still learning) as much as I have.

Thank you everyone!