Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ejection

aussieSVlover

A shooting friend is having issues with ejection with an S_I open gun as the gun is only ejecting fired cases approx 2 feet and will stove pipe approx 1 in 50 rounds. The gun is running a Schuemann Hybrid barrel, 3 port steel comp and the slide (9mm) is 3 sided with a rear scallop and is running a Wolf 7-8lb recoil spring with an unknown weight hammer spring(Their are no ignition problems). The load is factoring at 168 pf with Starline 38 Supercomp brass which have only been loaded about 5 times. We have so far tried normal bend em till they are right Wilson/Brown extractors, an Aftec extractor with long and short tension springs, long,medium and short ejectors, short and longer hammer springs as well as magazines from other shooters. The only alteration to the gun that made any difference was the Aftec extractor which did not increase the distance the cases were ejected but were a little bit more consistent with where the cases landed. Any ideas on what to do next would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by aussieSVlover

Possible you need a lighter spring?

7-8 lbs sounds light, but if the brass

is going 2 feet at pf 168, your spring

might be too heavy

- I just put a new

10 lb spring in my TruBor, and it felt

a LOT heavier than the 10 lb spring I

had in my other TruBor.

I replaced

the one 10 lb spring with another

10 lb spring, and it works much better.

Listen to Benny and take your gun to somebody (like Benny) who knows what "timing" means and can see what is going on.

If you have a bad timing problem and just continue shooting it, you will break lots of expensive parts after some time :(