Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New M&P 9 Pro

ETexPops

Never thought I would buy anything other than 1911's and XD/XDm's. Made the mistake of shooting a 9 Pro with an Apex comp trigger and was hooked. A friend had a new Pro that he didn't like (confirmed Glock guy) and was willing to sell it. He brought it to an IDPA match Saturday and told me to run it like it was mine. After shooting the match with a stock gun I just couldn't give it back to him. It was the carry package with the Blade Tech holster and mag pouch and two extra mags. Ready for SSP now. I've run 300+ rds through it in the last two days and definitely falling in love. Can't wait until I've run a few hundred more rounds through it so the mods can begin. Hoping that Apex will have the forward sear available soon since that should cure the worst thing about the gun; the LONG pre-travel. RAM will cure the reset issue. Trigger pull is a little less than 5 lbs and not like the 3.75 pull of the XDm but think a little trigger work will get it there. There might be a new carry gun in my future to replace the XD9sc.

If you don't mind "where" the trigger breaks you can reduce the pretravel too.

Are you referring to the set screw/weld method? I understand that means the trigger breaks in same place but the trigger at rest is further back, thus reducing pre-travel?

Or is there another technique out there?

(drums fingers on table while impatiently waiting for my Pro to arrive :) )

Yep. There are different ways to acheive it. Pretravel is reduced by about 1/2. I use a plastic block in the trigger so I don't have to drill/tap or weld. Trigger bar sits just in front of the striker safety plunger. It's important that the plunger not be depressed at all when the trigger as it rest.

I picked one up last October, but really haven't messed around with much, but I do like the way it feels and points.

I haven't even put 50 rounds thru it yet, can't find more mags either except at Gander Mt and no way am I paying $60!!

I picked one up last October, but really haven't messed around with much, but I do like the way it feels and points.

I haven't even put 50 rounds thru it yet, can't find more mags either except at Gander Mt and no way am I paying $60!!

If only for Production, they have factory 10-rounders at Midway for $29!

If only for Production, they have factory 10-rounders at Midway for $29!

One caveat with the 10 rounders. You'll have to modify the follower for it to be loadable with 10 rounds and the slide closed. They redesigned the follower at some point, and the new ones suck in the 10 rounders.

I found some 17 round mags at 44mag.com last week for $23 each. They've had them off and on for the last couple of weeks when everyone else was out. Just keep checking their website.

Now I have three mags, but still waiting on my gun. :mellow:

Edited by Leozinho

Just got the scores from the trial run in IDPA with the new M&P. Top SSP shooter; even beat the two experts that were there. 5th overall out of 37 total shooters. Hard to believe this gun can get better.