Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CR Speed holster

n2299

I used to use a CR Speed WSM holster with my Valtro for shooting Standard in IPSC. I have seen switch to a SVI and Ultimate Ghost combo.

I am also thinking of shooting some Production with my G17. Is it possible to "convert" my CR Speed 1911 holster to one for the Glock? Does the Glock model comes with a different trigger guard adaptor and muzzle cup?

TIA

I don't think it will fit. The only way I could think of to make it work would be to take out all of the shims from the trigger guard part, and replace the trigger lock on the holster.

However, I've never tried.

Let us know, just out of curiosity.

Phil

• 6 months later...

n2299,

stumbled on this thread. i too have a wsm model which i used for my cz85b. in one of my practice sessions, i removed all the shims on the holster's trigger guard, after which i tried my G17 on it. imho, it fits though there isn't so much "play" on the trigger guard area compared with my 85b. will try to post pics later.

would appreciate hearing your experience on this too. :)

the arredondo spud should take care of holding the glock's muzzle in place.

on the other hand, i have the old cr speed model G for my glock which i am now using for my CZ85. i just glued plastic shims to fit the narrower CZ trigger guard. the glock trigger bar even fits the CZ.

My CR Speed for 1911 works with my Glock 22, 35. Yes, you do have to remove all the shims to make it work. The trigger guard on a Glock is VERY wide compared to the 1911 anythings. The fit is tightish but it works. If you are on a budget, it works. I like spending money on new guns, not lots of new gear. :P TXAG

the arredondo spud should take care of holding the glock's muzzle in place.

on the other hand, i have the old cr speed model G for my glock which i am now using for my CZ85. i just glued plastic shims to fit the narrower CZ trigger guard. the glock trigger bar even fits the CZ.

EC,

will try to set it up tonight and take pictures. iirc, the spud can handle the glock but its upper tip tends to cant itself away from the holster, which is why i prefer using the stock muzzle cup. i'll try to re-confirm which is which tonight. ;)

TXAG,

same here :P

Hmm,,,

Not sure,,,,but I did find my CRSpeed revolver holster will double just fine with my STI Edge....

Just remove the spacer for the revolver muzzle platform and adjust for the gun.

I've been dry firing with it and like it a lot. I had to shim it up but the gun is secure and locked it is more secure than my 012. I really think I'd have to damage the holster to get the gun out in the locked position.

H4444

As promised, here is the G17 on my WSM holster:

52f8b812.jpg

Eye Cutter,

Found out that I can use the arredondo spud provided a put a spacer in between the spud and the holster to avoid canting.

A closer view of the trigger guard area:

ResizeofIMG_0298.jpg

Rescomp can certainly manufacture a truly universal holster, either we're left alone to play with spacers and trigger bars..or the holster itself can be divided into two modules, wherein all one has to do is to replace the upper trigger guard assembly. But I doubt it, it would make us too happy :P

That is about how mine fits too.

I think it comes pretty close to "A holster which does not completely cover the trigger of the handgun". (which coukld make it illegal)

Flex,

IIRC, that is how my CZ is set-up on the WSM, the pistol's trigger guard is not entirely covered. Will try to post a picture later for comparison. So far, I've competed at Level 1 and 2 matches without a problem. ;)

Hi guys,

The wording of the applicable rule in the January 2004 Edition rulebook has been revised and now says:

5.2.7 Competitors must not be permitted to commence a course of fire wearing:<snip>

...... 5.2.7.4 A holster which does not completely prevent access to, or activation of, the trigger of the handgun while holstered.

Based on the image posted above, the holster would probably be acceptable, but I can imagine some Range Masters not being terribly thrilled about it.

Based on the image posted above, the holster would probably be acceptable, but I can imagine some Range Masters not being terribly thrilled about it.

That is pretty much my take too.

And, am I right to think that the gun in the picture is "cocked"? Not "hammer down" (which would make the trigger appear more exposed)?

That is pretty much my take too.

And, am I right to think that the gun in the picture is "cocked"? Not "hammer down" (which would make the trigger appear more exposed)?

Flex,

I did cock it to show the trigger position at conditon 1

is the front of the glock's trigger guard resting at the end of the holster's notch already? if not, can it sit lower in the holster? what if you adjust the arredondo spud lower to bring the pistol down a bit???

another issue would be the trigger block might be too thin/small for the thick glock trigger guard, it doesn't hold it in place.

here is the wsm holster with a cz 85b

ResizeofIMG_0301.jpg

Eye Cutter,

IIRC, the first time I tried with the supplied trigger blocks, I can't lower both pistols any further. If I try do so, the external side of the trigger block would be protrude and fail to properly secure the pistol.