Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help with JP Magwell on Glock 35

Robert King

Tried to install it this morning. When installed, the magazines will not drop free and there is resistence when putting them in. Looks and feels like the JP Magwell is compressing the magazine well on the gun. I removed and installed about a dozen times all with the same result. Is there normally some fitting that needs to be done or should it be drop-in installation? Do you normally have to get out the dremel and remove material from the inside of the JP Magwell to get it to fit well? Thanks.

Tried to install it this morning. When installed, the magazines will not drop free and there is resistence when putting them in. Looks and feels like the JP Magwell is compressing the magazine well on the gun. I removed and installed about a dozen times all with the same result. Is there normally some fitting that needs to be done or should it be drop-in installation? Do you normally have to get out the dremel and remove material from the inside of the JP Magwell to get it to fit well? Thanks.

I have a JP magwell on my Gen3 34 with no issues. Do you have a Gen 3, or a Gen 4? I could see that being an issue, because the magwell won't fit on my Gen4 17. It is a tight fit on my 34, but I don't have any issues like you are having. I don't think you should have remove any material from the magwell, but maybe you could try another magwell if possible. Or, give JP a call and see if they have anything to say. I know from experience that they have tolerance issues with their AR's, so maybe that translates across their entire product line.

I have a JP on my Glock 35, and Friday I put one on a brand new Glock 24. Both installed easily with no need to force it on. Both drop the mags freely. I have rather small hands and the JP magwell seems to stabilize my grip nicely.

I have a Gen 3 Glock 35. I borrowed a DP magwell from someone at a match this past weekend and it slipped on and fit like a dream. Used it for two matches and it worked perfectly. Looks like the JP I got was bad (out of spec). I am going to return it and get the DP since I know it fits great. I like JP, and when I called for help, they offered to have me send them the gun and magwell and they would fit the two for free. But, i don't feel like giving up my gone for a couple weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same issue today, I just got a Dawson Ice magwell for a Glock 35, I put the plug in and slid the mag well on to check to make sure the mag would still drop properly before I screwed everything down. the mags would not fall, actually I would have o pull hard to get it out. I have a custom full stippled grip, and what was happening is the stippling was sticking out more than a factory grip, so I took out my pocket knife and just shaved it down a little on the bottom. Now it works great, I am very impressed with the reload time, I can change mags in abouut half the time as I can with a production gun

I had the same issue today, I just got a Dawson Ice magwell for a Glock 35, I put the plug in and slid the mag well on to check to make sure the mag would still drop properly before I screwed everything down. the mags would not fall, actually I would have o pull hard to get it out. I have a custom full stippled grip, and what was happening is the stippling was sticking out more than a factory grip, so I took out my pocket knife and just shaved it down a little on the bottom. Now it works great, I am very impressed with the reload time, I can change mags in abouut half the time as I can with a production gun

I also have the Dawson magwell and I love it. I just couldnt firgure out what weight Dawson magwell I wanted so I got the 2 oz one. :sight:

• 3 years later...

Sorry for the necro post. I just got a JP magwell for my Gen 3 Glock 35, and I am having the same problems. The magazine meets significant resistance when inserting, and the magazine will not drop free from the pistol. I installed the same magwell on a Gen 3 Glock 22, and it works fine. The only difference between the 2 frames is that the G22 has a crescent-shaped cutout in the frontstrap (for removing stuck magazines). It appears that when the magwell is installed on a frame that doesn't have this cutout, the magwell compresses the grip enough to cause the issues I am having.