Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New guy with some Glock Questions

enutees

I have only been shooting USPSA for a few months now. I have a few questions.

I've been shooting production with my CZ 75 P01.

I'd like to start shooting production (for now) with my Glock 35.

What mag pouches would be legal for production that would also allow me to upgrade to Limited later on? Are the "race" type pouches legal for production?

Also, I'd like to buy an aftermarket barrel so that I can shoot lead for more practice. Is that legal in production if it is the same length? Or is this something I'll have to shoot with in practice and switch to jacketed for matches?

Thanks for the help.

Yes, you can change the barrell for production. Lead, however, is a PITA overall.

The CR Speed mag pouches are really cool and versatile, they come with adapters for Glock, STI, single stacks. They are legal for production. A pair of those and a Fobus and you are all set for production.

Now I want to ask you: Why not keep shooting the CZ? That's a great production gun. Shoot it for a year and learn the game some. There will be plenty of stuff to spend your money on, guaranteed.

Tom Bergman

I agree with Tom, don't spend a lot of money. Learn the game a little, then see what you need to purchase.

But I disagree with the Fobus, it sucks. Get an Uncle Mike's Kydex belt holster. For the same money it is a much better holster. I used that same combo last year at Factory Gun; a G35 out of an Uncle Mike's Kydex. People laughed at my $19 holster until it was demonstrated that it worked. :o

The CZ I am shooting is a compact gun and I have some problems at the 25 yard+ targets. I'm much faster with a longer sight radius. Also, I finally got to shoot a glock that has a trigger done by Vanek and it was amazing. The only reason I started with the CZ is that I carry it some and already had a holster.

I got a really good price on the Glock and I figure I can move to limited, eventually, with the same gun. Not many production shooters here. 70% + shoot limited or limited 10.

I also already have several hi caps for the glock so that won't be an expense if I switch to limited.

I've loaded many 1000's of lead in 9mm so I'm used to the pain. I just like being able to shoot twice as much for the same price.

Thanks for the help and I'll check out the CR speed pouches.

Sounds like you are good to go.

The "style" of mag pouches is not resticted for Production division, only the holster has restrictions (non-race).

I am with Mink...the Uncle Mike's would do fine for a holster. About 3 of the Safariland or CR Speed mag pouches...and some type of cheap double pouch so you'll have enough for "those stages".

When I said Fobus, I meant for a double mag pouch to go along with the pair of CR Speed mag holders.

Uncle Mikes makes a perfectly fine holster as demonstrated by MM and a few others.

Hi,

I switched from a CZ to a Glock as well, for IPSC PD.

I use the already several times praised UM holster too.

I think it's great. I have put a few spacers in just as EricW said and it works flawlessly. I tried some speed holsters but I don't like to have to fumble buttons or handles to lock/unlock my weapon.

For the magazines I use 3 Safarilands on my belt. A fourth magazine goes into my left leg pocket, this is just for topping up.

Ditto on the Uncle Mike's. Plus you can trick out the holster with aluminum spacers to make it fit to your liking. Way cool for $19 - or less...

Hmmmmmmm I was wondering about this. When I back the top screw out to loosen up the holster It usually ends up falling out. Any clue where I can get some. Truly sorry for the thread drift. UM is the way to go. I have one both for my Glock and My Para. I really like them.

Paul Franklin