Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 limited guns Trigger Pull - custom vs stock...

9mmalpha

Im a little anxious to know ... Bob/ Brazos custom is processing my order ..cant really wait to find out what difference his gun is compared to stock sti edge from gun shop ... I normally shoot production and the only chance I handle a 2011 type is when I visit gun shop and occassionally feel the trigger licking good smoothness of the stock STI ... would the custom made are more smoother than that? as describe it is set to 2.5lbs is that any good? or I need a more lighter than that??? any BRAZONIAN here who might know?

Edited by 9mmalpha

I can not compare a stock STI trigger but I purchased an HP Edge. The trigger on mine was a little over 3 lbs (that is also what Bob advertises) and with an easy tweak or two it is now a consistent 2.5 to 2.75 lb pull. The pre and overtravels were pretty much set spot on and did not need to be adjusted, for me, at all.

A 2.5 to 3 pound pull is fine for our competion guns and should be reliable for a while. IMO, the really light triggers seem to need attention an awfull lot and always go at the worst time.

9mm I almost forgot. Congrats on the order! I have been completely satisfied with mine and have not really had to change a thing. I am sure you will love yours.

Congrats! I hope the stork brings it to you soon :D

Brian

well since I got nothing else to do but wait ... Im going to start making ammo for it. Im going to order from montana gold 180 gr jhp a case for now hehehe .... by the way do you guys even dare to use lead bullet for it?

Congrats on the purchase. I echo Wild Gene in that you will either crap yourself or wet yourself. Either way, put on a Depends Undergarment just to be safe.

I'm totally hooked on 185gr Bayou Bullets, but Donnie is still getting production ramped up and has taken down the website (http://bayoubullets.net). They are soft, smokeless and very clean on the barrel. If I weren't shooting those, I would probably use MG JHP's.

Congrats on the purchase. I echo Wild Gene in that you will either crap yourself or wet yourself. Either way, put on a Depends Undergarment just to be safe.

I'm totally hooked on 185gr Bayou Bullets, but Donnie is still getting production ramped up and has taken down the website (http://bayoubullets.net). They are soft, smokeless and very clean on the barrel. If I weren't shooting those, I would probably use MG JHP's.

I'll add that I've noticed Jerry is using them also, there must be something good about'em! :goof: