Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Both, Mark.

To me scores are the culmination of why we shoot, They determine more than just your placement at the end of the match. I try to verify my own scores, at signing of the scoresheet as well as when the scores are posted. But verifying my scores does nothing if ALL the others do not do so as well.

For some reason MD's will hold FINAL scores, so that the shooters won't know who won???? I think if finals were posted it might lead to more accurate results, because all the competitors can see where they actually came out, and it puts more eyes on the scores to catch errors, but also having checks and balances in place by staff could ensure accuracy.

trapr

I have often thought it would be a good idea to post the final scores as well. I am not in any danger of coming in first place, and many times the guy/gal reading the names stops calling the placement, just the names after the top 5 or so. By the time my name is read I am left thinking, ok did I come in 15th, or was it 18 or....you get the pictue. Always left wondering if its correct. Sometimes i have no idea until I get home and see them published on the website :angry2: . If it aint right, its way too late then. :cheers:

Forgot to add that posting finals AND allowing competitors a good view of the prize table could certainly speed up the prize table process. Knowing that you are say....27th....would give you a good idea of when your name will be called and where on the prize table you will be looking, and would not have to waste time rummaging around trying to decide on the lifetime supply of shock buffs or the fanny pack with a mystery certificate inside...... :P

And before someone starts calmmering about "we dont do this for the prizes", you would never know it by the way some guys seem to sprint (or move with a reserved double step) to the prize table when their called ( I am sure I am guilty of this, as its part of the fun for me, I admit).... :goof:

Edited by mpeltier

Mark is spot on again, I would like to see the over all the same day as the match. I train to for the Goal of top 10%

I would like to know how close I got with out the long wait.

The Prize Table Sponsors -Want- the their product Visible on the prize table. Just having the sponsor listed in the book does not get the exposure they pay for. The More shooters that can See the prizes on the table the better.

I was funning with a friend from Corpus at the Arkansan event how both of us were looking over the high end prizes very carefully ,,, and nether one of us finished good enough to get them. Still we liked looking.

I talked to a sponsor first hand that Hates the Black Bag more than us shooters.

Thanks for posting Linda, thats what I was unsure of the second set of eyes. Looking at the screen and not the keyboard or running a ten key is irrelevant, you can still make errors. have a redundant eye set for back up totally separate of the original is what allows for accuracy.

That set of eyes verifying off of the same set of scoresheets also allows for accuracy, fives can look like eights, nines can look like fours having someone else look at a score sheet can help eliminate issues.

As for "you" being the first step in the scoresheet chain, thats a given and if your scores were the ONLY ones that would be affected by your lack of concern for accuracy that would be ok as well, but your inaccurate scores affect EVERYONE in the match. There should be a way to minimize the inaccuracies without relying on the competitor to verify.

As for Linda and her crew, there seems to be.

Trapr

Well Mr. Peltier, is full of it....I have seen his name in the top 10 more than a few times!!!....As for the rest....AMEN!

Jammie, If I were a sponsor I would stop supporting any match that did the "Black Bag" type of prize table. I want people to see what I donated!

Jammie, If I were a sponsor I would stop supporting any match that did the "Black Bag" type of prize table. I want people to see what I donated!

A touch off topic, but since it was brought up. I agree with Kurt -

A simple suggestion for anyone including a Gift Certificate with a Pistol Rug/Fanny Pack/etc. Safety Pin the Certificate to the OUTSIDE of the bloody item! One, It gives visibilty to the certificate (donor/vendor) and two you do not have a shooter not paying attention and going home and not seeing the certificate until after it has expired and the vendor/donor has not gotten any acknowledgement of the donation.

Edited by Modoc

• 2 months later...

I like to do well, but, afterall, its a game.

I expect the scorers to do the best job that they can and not to intentionally do wrong. Other then that, I'm thankful that they have volunteered.

I've never shot big money/ prize matches. If I were "competitive" and might win, that might make a difference in my attitude about scoring.