Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How to turn aG34 into an open gun

gmg

I need a little help guys. I,m toying with the idea of making an open gun out of my G34. I have the gun and a Burris Fast Fire reflex sight. I was going to mount the Burris on the gun for a slide rider but open to other ideas. Please tell me what else i will need and costs if you happen to know 'em. I have aCZ sp o1 shadow also. would it be a better plarform?

Not that you can't convert your G34 to shoot open but, by the time you add a compensator, the pistol might be a bit too nose heavy. Most Open Glocks that I have seen have been built on G17's instead. Just some food for thought...

This is how Jager does theirs: http://www.jagerproducts.com/opendiv.html

Edited by Cy Soto

I went this route on my 2nd open gun for my son.

SJC Home Build 9mm Major Open Gun Basic Kit

The short, this is the minimum you need to play open competitively. The long, SJC's new Home Build Open kit has the only drop in fit barrel suitable for major and minor 9mm loads. This 9mm SJC barrel starts as a KKM match grade barrel so you get the same quality as all of the SJC built world chanpionship pistols, but loose the time and expence of the in house gun smith fitting. The 9mm SJC barrel still has the proper chamber, throating, and threads to obtain a quality open builds at home. Trying to use any other drop in fit barrel for major 9mm loads gives the brass case excessive room for expansion. These other barrels do not have true fully supported chambers. This can cause case ruptures and sticky extraction issues with major 9mm loads and these issues are not condusive to a reliable pistol or competition wins. Addtionally, the SJC home build open kit removes the need to diagnose and tune ejection systems of the open Glock. By changing from the c-more mount to the micro-dot mount ejection patterns are no longer of any consequence. No more stove pipe jams for the home built open pistol as the kit also comes with the guide rod and recoil springs suitable to use both major and minor loads. BTW, shipping is free on this kit and any other items ordered on the same order. Store calculated shipping will be credited back to you upon shipping. SJC

PRICE: $499.00

Quantity

Glock Model G17 G34

Mount and Comp Finish Black Silver