Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Disney world

Bryan 45

I have to agree many of the people that go to Disneyworld try my patience. No sense of courtesy. They are the only people in existence, you are an inconvenience to them if they are forced to acknowledge you. (I can't say that about the staff, I've found them to be first rate)

Edited by sfinney

I have to agree many of the people that go to Disneyworld try my patience. No sense of courtesy. They are the only people in existence, you are an inconvenience to them if they are forced to acknowledge you. (I can't say that about the staff, I've found them to be first rate)

You just described my biggest beef with Vegas too.

gotta admit, "it's a small world" would be a bitchin' shotgun stage.

:roflol:

Forget the shotgun, too many targets- give me a rifle.

I'll take Vegas every day of the week over Disney, the alcohol is a lot easier to find and numbs the pain. But, I must say for the most part my boys were both well behaved. (ages 5 and 1) Of course my 5 year old's favorite part of the vacation was the swimming pool at the hotel (which amazingly we have in Kentucky!) and the monorail, which you don't even have to pay park admission to ride! Go figure!

:roflol:

I let this thread go awhile out of respect for the OP but I had a totally different experience. I was standing in a huge mass of people just like you describe and was ready to get the hell back to the real world when I hear,"Hey Drill Sergeant". I look around to find one of my trainees from years before with his family. He tells me how I saved his life in Desert Storm by being a hard ass prick to him in basic training. His wife hugged me and thanked me as well.

Sorry, but I love Disney World.:cheers:

Edited by Kevin Sanders

Kevin, I would say you loved seeing that young man alive to say thank you. It could have just as easily happened at the Waffle House. (and wouldn't have cost near as much!)

Thanks for your service!

Been there three times. Once in the really early days. Nice, clean. again some years later, still ok, last time was about 12 years ago, at that time the park was frayed around the edges. Still a nice place, the 'Cast' was wonderful. We were there for a company meeting and they booked Main Street or New York what ever it is called, for the evening. Wow, that was special. On arrival we were the only ones checking in at the corporate booth and Mickey greeted my little girl, an hour later we returned to register, my daughter had been changed in to a new outfit, the same Mickey was there and made a big deal over my little girl. We know it was the same one as he made a show of letting her know he recognized her even though she had on different clothes. She was totally in awe! Good memory that.

Oops, guess I need to throw in some hate here. I really hate the prices they get as well as the fact that the last time we were there they were getting kind of shabby. peeling wall paper and carpeting in some of the attractions, other things just not up to standards. Walt would be upset I think.