Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lost screw, help...

joebob

I lost one the screws on my CR speed WSM II holster, it's one of the ones on the bracket that mounts it to the belt. Anyone have an idea of where i can get another on, or am I going to have to just go to the hardware store and have it look mis-matched? thanks

I lost one of mine also. Did find a replacement at Ace Hardware. They were only available in stainless. I bought several, two for avoiding the mismatch and for spares. Loctited these in and now they won't hardly come out. I did have to settle for phillips head, they didn't have allen head like the originals.

I contacted Rescomp through their web site, explained what I needed for an old holster and they sent everything I needed. Even got a call from South Africa confirming my shipping info and that they were sending the right parts. Cathy was the contact and she was very helpful.

I contacted Rescomp through their web site, explained what I needed for an old holster and they sent everything I needed. Even got a call from South Africa confirming my shipping info and that they were sending the right parts. Cathy was the contact and she was very helpful.

Now that's good service! :cheers:

• 1 year later...

Im in this situation now. Anybody know the thread pitch for the two little screws. Im sure CR/Rescomp would gladly send them, but I bet I could get them locally for much less cost/hassle. Pete mentioned metric, but not the actual pitch...?

Now, I have another problem. The white polymer screw that appears to be in place to remove play between the dustcover and holster has lost its head (head broke off screw). What to do about this? Thanks.

Are you sure it ever had a head on it? The Ghost holster spacers are just threaded studs, no heads at all. I thought I remembered seeing the same on a CR Speed.

I saw some of those (nylon) in the thousands of trays of parts at Ace and Sears Hardware when I was looking for other holster screws last summer.