Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 TN SECTIONALS

oh, i keep forgetting to ask. did anyone find an unclaimed set of grey peltor 6s tactical muffs that squeal in the left ear? :wacko: maybe this is finally my excuse to upgrade :cheers:

You may be in luck.......there was a pair that showed up in my area on Sunday.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh, i keep forgetting to ask. did anyone find an unclaimed set of grey peltor 6s tactical muffs that squeal in the left ear? :wacko: maybe this is finally my excuse to upgrade :cheers:

So at least I'm not the only one that lost a pair of Peltor 6s at the match. I feel a bit better now. :o

We turned in a pair of peltors that were left at stage 9 on Sunday. Didn't check them out to see if they squealed.

Edited by bbbean

Thanks for all the effort from the ro's and everyone else putting the match on. It was not the normal run and gun that I am used to, and was challenging to say the least.I just wish I could have beat my buddy Darrens ass, but he pulled it out on the second day. Maybe next time. I got to meet some other Rudy Project shooters, and shot with a great bunch of guys on squad 17. Hope to see you all next time.

Edited by pbosik

I want to say thanks to whoever Ryan Levy is (not talking smack). I looked after the scores after day 1 and me having a bad stage 10 and his great shooting really made me have to shoot a damn near perfect day 2 for me. I was nervous all the way till the end. Again not talking smack but it was really nice to be pushed so hard. My last match as D class as of yesterday also.

Edited by bsdubois00

I want to say thanks to whoever Ryan Levy is (not talking smack). I looked after the scores after day 1 and me having a bad stage 10 and his great shooting really made me have to shoot a damn near perfect day 2 for me. I was nervous all the way till the end. Again not talking smack but it was really nice to be pushed so hard. My last match as D class as of yesterday also.

Ah, you are another shooter that did well in their class.....only to have it changed the following day. ;)

I actually knew it was going to get changed and actually I TRIED to get it changed. We shot a classifier match at my local club the 1st weekend of the month - I was going to shoot L-10 just for the heck of it but I had been shooting so well I shot Limited to deliberately get bumped up to C - I feel the only way to get better is to push yourself.

Attached are the Combined Results.....

Ryan Levy, you sandbagging son of a bitch!! You're on my radar now, no D-class Open gun beats me!

J/K, great match everyone and man did we get lucky with the weather. I'll be back next year.

Matt

Ha Matt, I do what I can. Great shooting with you and your brother. Maybe will catch up with you in Vegas.

Attached are the Combined Results.....

Ryan Levy, you sandbagging son of a bitch!! You're on my radar now, no D-class Open gun beats me!

J/K, great match everyone and man did we get lucky with the weather. I'll be back next year.

Matt

Ha Matt, I do what I can. Great shooting with you and your brother. Maybe will catch up with you in Vegas.

Sure, just look under the craps table whenever I'm shooting the next afternoon instead of morning.

Matt

Does anyone know if the match percentage will count as a classifier for Limited division? We had 3 GM's.

Manny Bragg at 100%

2nd GM at 90%

3rd GM at 84.7%

I have found that whenever 3 GM's shoot in a division, the overall match results will count as a classifier - regardless of how the GM's do in the match. And with the 3 GM's shooting at or above M level (I rounded up), I am quite sure this match will count as classifier score.

Why do you ask - do you need me to lower your score? :rolleyes:

I may need a score lowering due to the above LOL - by my calculations I will be moved to 59.77% if this match counts. Talk about cutting it close. Time to step it up and get ready for B class as it seems its just a matter of time...

Match postscript - I rarely stay in a match hotel that distinguishes itself one way or the other in supporting the match. A few dollars off the going rate is usually the only thing that makes a match hotel different from another hotel in the same town. But the folks in Dickson made it a point to call my room when Dundee showed up for registration, they asked me how the match was going, and I got both a phone call and an e-mail after the match to ask whether I was satisfied with my experience at the hotel.

I'm not sure whether the manager is a shooter, or if they're just always that friendly, but it was a good choice.

PS #2: Lugo's was even better than I remembered. Best place to eat in Dickson, IMHO.

BB

Match postscript - I rarely stay in a match hotel that distinguishes itself one way or the other in supporting the match. A few dollars off the going rate is usually the only thing that makes a match hotel different from another hotel in the same town. But the folks in Dickson made it a point to call my room when Dundee showed up for registration, they asked me how the match was going, and I got both a phone call and an e-mail after the match to ask whether I was satisfied with my experience at the hotel.

I'm not sure whether the manager is a shooter, or if they're just always that friendly, but it was a good choice.

PS #2: Lugo's was even better than I remembered. Best place to eat in Dickson, IMHO.

BB

Barry, was this the Holiday Inn? I am asking because we had a second hotel, Comfort Inn, that provided some rooms at a discounted rate.