Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P trigger job in Florida

dvonpusch

My suggestion would be to buy the Apex competition trigger kit and RAM, watch the video's and do it yourself.

Probably less than an hour's work and around $100 - $125.

You will end up with a 2.5 to 3.5 lb trigger that breaks nicely and resets nicely.

I've done this and am very happy with the results.

Just my .02 worth.

Bill

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I have installed an Apex Hard Sear and USB. I have also Emailed Dan Burwell about 5 times in the last 6 weeks with no luck. I'm trying to reduce the trigger take up and from what I understand I will need a gunsmith for that.

Just hoping for an alternative.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I have installed an Apex Hard Sear and USB. I have also Emailed Dan Burwell about 5 times in the last 6 weeks with no luck. I'm trying to reduce the trigger take up and from what I understand I will need a gunsmith for that.

Just hoping for an alternative.

Dan Burwell................you can't go wrong. He is unquestionably the best gunsmith to work on your MP. However it is likely that he does not want to touch a gun that has been altered. And yes,it is very difficult to contact him.

Puma

Pumagsd@yahoo.com

Miami, FL.

Where at in Florida? I know a great gunsmith in Savannah, Ga. He goes down to St. Augustine to shoot a good bit.

Thats Carlos, right? Ive felt a trigger that he is done and it is impressive. I would suggest him over the apex kit for two reasons, over travel and pre-travel, the apex kit will lighten the pull but you will still have excess pre-travel and over-travel.

Thanks guys for the input...But like I said, Dan doesn't return emails and I talked to Kenny at SSS and they stopped doing gunsmith work. Today I received an email from Bob at Brazos customs and he has a 2 month wait. Accurate Iron told me 1 month but doesn't recommend removing the pre-travel. I was hoping for someone in Florida. This seems much harder than I thought.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dan did my M&PL last fall. It is absolutely amazing. He does have a full time job that takes him away. I didn't have any trouble contacting him. In fact it was all of maybe 2 weeks from the time I originally contacted him until I received my gun back. I will be sending him my wife's gun next. I would email him as well as contact him through here. Good luck. He is the best there is.

• 2 weeks later...