Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G17 And G22 Frames

JAB

Not disagreeing with the esteemed gentleman from Arizona, but there needs to be a caveat on his answer: Yes, they are the same SIZE, but if the OP is interested in interchangeability, then it is dependent on another factor.

As long as the guns were produced within the past couple of years, they are the same except for the ejector.

If they are older, there is another difference besides the ejector itself. The G-17/19 frames only have two pins (a trigger pin and a trigger housing pin). The 40 frames have three, with the addition of a dedicated "locking block pin" above the trigger pin. This was done to give locking blocks of the harder-recoiling 40s and 45s a little more anchoring in the frame.

All the frames that I've seen lately have been 3-pin frames.

Edited by Braxton1

It also needs to be said, as much as I might disagree with the policy, that USPSA/NROI considers it a Production Division rules violation to exchange the frames of a 40 caliber Glock with that of a 9mm.

Yes, the frames are identical, and nobody would know unless you announced the change to a Match Official at a major match, but it is grounds for a move to Open Division, and ten round minor iron sighted Open bites. :P

Ok i bought a wolf barrel for my G17 Gen1 to shoot lead the barrel is ported can i take the barrel out the glock22 Gen3 i have and put the wolf barrel i bought for my G17 Gen1

Ok i bought a wolf barrel for my G17 Gen1 to shoot lead the barrel is ported can i take the barrel out the glock22 Gen3 i have and put the wolf barrel i bought for my G17 Gen1

My reading comprehension sucks but IF I understand no, the outside diameter of those barrels are different.

Jim