Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First match in years

280dave

Hey guys,

Shot in my first match in 4 years, Before that I'd only shot a hand full, not enough to get classified. Well today I had 2 goals.

1. don't get DQ'd

2. Don't finish dead last :sight:

I managed to accomplish both, finished 23rd out of 27. Would have liked to finished better but somebody needs to make the rest of the field look better. :devil:

I;m shooting a Sig P229 Pretty short on barrel,I had a heck of a time with the steel Poppers weren't bad but the plate racks and the Texas star messed me up a couple of times.

Oh well nothing a little practice won't cure.

Have a good day guys

Dave

Edited by 280dave

Since you are in Oregon and shooting a SIG, you should look up Bruce Gray (if you haven't already). He can do some magic to your 229 and also holds classes that are great!

Welcome, be safe and have tons of fun!

Hey guys,

Shot in my first match in 4 years, Before that I'd only shot a hand full, not enough to get classified. Well today I had 2 goals.

1. don't get DQ'd

2. Don't finish dead last :sight:

<snip>

Dave

Hey my goals as well, [AND The same match, yeah I was one of the 'three Daves' yesterday] glad you had a good time. That was my first match this last wknd...never shot anything like a USPSA match - those plates get smaller when you start shooting at them. And the star, yeah, I expended a whole mag on one of those yesterday! Lots of practice to do...gonna have nightmares about the star.

Edited by czfanPDX

HEY Dave,

It nice talking to ya yesterday. I remember you I think we were squadded together, I agree the steel seems to get smaller Gave me fits yesterday. I'll probably see at more local matches You going to Albany next weekend?? I'm still on the fence

Anyway take care

Dave

HEY Dave,

It nice talking to ya yesterday. I remember you I think we were squadded together, I agree the steel seems to get smaller Gave me fits yesterday. I'll probably see at more local matches You going to Albany next weekend?? I'm still on the fence

Anyway take care

Dave

Hi Dave, yup that was me. Time to get some nicknames at the range eh...anyway, I have other commits for next wknd but plan to do TCGC (Tigard) weekend after. I expect it'll be a bit more formal, so my goal will remain - NO DQ! Gonna see you there?

• 1 month later...