Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help outfit a newbie to IPSC with a CTS

Gary H.

I hope I'm putting this in the right forum. Please help out a newbie so I don't have to purchase these things multiple times to get it right. I shot IDPA last year and although I like that, I've always wanted to shoot in the IPSC matches. The first competetive match I attended as a spectator was USPSA, but that was last spring. My IDPA gear is for an M & P and a 1911.

I have a like new CZ CTS coming my way ot shoot Limited and have to totally set up for USPSA.

I know I'll need at least a couple more magazines, dedicated belt, holster, and magazine pouches. So far, I'm thinking a double alpha belt and was thinking about their pouches. How many magazines and pouches and are the Double Alpha ones? The gun will come with 3 20 round tuned mags. I'm thinking 2 more. How many pouches and do I need one or more magnetic ones? I checked out Blade Tecs site and they don't appear to make a holster for a CZ that is similarly made? Since this is a custom gun, noone is going to make one specific for it, will one from another gun fit?

I appreciate the advice guys!

Holster for the Tactical Sport should fit as the CTS is just a short dustcover TS. Blade Tech list those under the competition series or Belt holster. select CZ TS. other holsters to look at DAA holster, Ghost, CR Speed. Angus as the DAA and Ghost stuff on his website.

CR Speed pouches or the DAA pouches are good. as is CR Speed belt or DAA belt.

5 or 6 mags will work, be nice if you can coax 21 or 22 rounds out of a couple of the mags.

5 mags should do you fine to begin with. You can always get more but it is going to take a cataclysmic series of failures to need more than 4 mags on any stage. CR Speed or AA belt. The AA is a little wider and as such makes mounting your pouches and holster more difficult, but they sure won't move once you get them there. I love the AA Racemaster holster but a Ghost is fine and there is at least one GM who has gone back to a Bladetech DOH holster after having accidentally bumped their gun out of the holster onto the ground. I like the CR pouches more than the AA. Opinions vary.

That should get you going. If you are reloading do not load longer than 1.135 and TS variants notoriously do not like JHPs. Some run them fine, most don't.

Thanks guys, I'm picking the gun up this morning and heading to the range after lunch. I'll try out it to make sure I like it, then make the necessary orders. Was goint to do it earlier but decided to wait till it gets here