Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revolving speed loader/magazine tube

Forrest Halley

OK so I have searched and come up with nil. What is and who makes the super cool revolving speedloader or magazine tube for the open shotguns? It appears to have 6 tubes. Where can I get more info on them?

Thanks.

Edited by Forrest Halley

I agree that a shooter can gain a lot from this device, however the price is prohibitive. It would appear that speed loaders would be more economical and within the reach of the average shooter. Is this the downfall of the saiga? It appears to be very quick to run ahead and then keep on with decent speedloader deployment. Thoughts?

I agree that a shooter can gain a lot from this device, however the price is prohibitive. It would appear that speed loaders would be more economical and within the reach of the average shooter. Is this the downfall of the saiga? It appears to be very quick to run ahead and then keep on with decent speedloader deployment. Thoughts?

Where the Xrail beats the Saiga is that it works. The best Saiga I have seen so far has failed at least once in a major match. The Xrail however is just as reliable as the shotgun on which it is mounted.

I noticed another comment on price of the xrail. With a full dressed out Saiga running north of $3K, I can have two used Benelli's or new FNs or Mossbergs with Xrails attached for the same price.

Where the Xrail beats the Saiga is that it works. The best Saiga I have seen so far has failed at least once in a major match. The Xrail however is just as reliable as the shotgun on which it is mounted.

I noticed another comment on price of the xrail. With a full dressed out Saiga running north of $3K, I can have two used Benelli's or new FNs or Mossbergs with Xrails attached for the same price.

This is what I needed to hear in order to consider the system. I am fine with the cost if it works well and agree that a Saiga build is much more costly...

I have run a Saiga for matches for a few years. If they are stock as far as the gas system goes they run. Its when the comps come into play from my experiance and what I have read from others on the S12 forums.

I shelved my comped gun and have done another one with just a conversion and nothing that effects the gas system. It runs to this point but its so cold its hard to put more rounds thru it.

I have around a grand in it with all of the nice parts excluding the dot which I just used from my other gun.

Weight would be my concern also. A shotgun with all the tubes loaded would have to

be somewhat ungainly to handle.

A buddy of mine has an 1100 with an X-Rail. He let me shoot it in a shotgun match that didn't have a load limit.

First off.. it was a lot of fun to shoot without having to reload, plus it ran flawlessly.

23 rounds in the gun was a real blast.

Having the extra weight out front was certainly a bit of a bear. My transitions were slower than I was use to with the SLP.

By the end of the match my left bicep was sore... I was using muscles that I wasn't used to using, at least to that extent with the added weight out front. A bit of transition practice and some bicep curls would solve any of the ungainly concerns.