Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New To Reload G21SF

M.YANCEY

I am new to reloading for glocks and I have a G21SF and I was going to use titegroup and hornady 230FMJRN and CCI300 primers what would be a good accurate load data to start with? I was told that titegroup was easy to meter. Thanks guys for the help.

Thanks for the fast reply, Yes I found a ton of data. I was reading where glocks had some issues with damage from reloads due to unsupported chamber and reloading errors due to double charges other then that is there any reason not to reload?

All guns are prone to damage due to bad ammo. Close adherence to safe hand loading techniques is all thats required. The Glock is no less safe than any modern firearm. Load 'em up.:cheers:

Jim

The "unsupported chamber" theory is something that a lot of people "know" is true - that isn't. Examine the chamber on a Glock sometime, you'll find it offers as much case support as, well, just about any factory auto pistol. And you can blow up anything with a double charge.

No, no reason not a handload for your Glock.

Thanks guys I have about 4lbs titegroup so I guess I will fine me some good load data for titegroup and load these hornady 230FMJRN. I hope titegroup powder is OK to use?

just don't put all 4 lbs in one case.

Are you just target shooting or do you need to make major power factor? I like the Hornady HAP in 230 the best. I use N320 but have used CLAYS also

Have loaded a ton of 45 for the G21 with no trouble at all. CLAYS is very soft shooting with a 230 if just loading to target shoot.

Are you just target shooting or do you need to make major power factor? I like the Hornady HAP in 230 the best. I use N320 but have used CLAYS also

Have loaded a ton of 45 for the G21 with no trouble at all. CLAYS is very soft shooting with a 230 if just loading to target shoot.

How do you like N320 I have a friend that loves N320 with 230 hornady FMJRN. What reload data are you using with HAP?

How do you like N320 I have a friend that loves N320 with 230 hornady FMJRN. What reload data are you using with HAP?

I like the 320 may load is

230 Hornady Haps

5.0 N320

CCI 300 large pistol primers

1.230 OAL

Win brass

.470 crimp

This gives me about 173 pf from the factory barrel. I also use N320 for 40 so having 1 powder helps.

I am new to reloading for glocks and I have a G21SF and I was going to use titegroup and hornady 230FMJRN and CCI300 primers what would be a good accurate load data to start with? I was told that titegroup was easy to meter. Thanks guys for the help.

The bigger concern on reloading for any Glock is when shooting cast lead. (non jacketed) The polygonal rifling that stock glock barrel use tend to lead up and foul (higher pressures) more than standard barrels. I also reload for a G21SF. I had a real issue with obtaining the proper crimp. My RCBS dies gave me fits. I have sense started using a LEE factory crimp die for one additional last stage. Fixed all my problems. If you experience the same, check out the LEE FCD. Just my two cents.

Edited by JayTray

Appreciate your opinion. Very curious why a new reloader would avoid it. Please bear in mind members here (new and old) have loaded literally tons over the years. So, like I said just curious.

Jim