Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thingamajig needed

anachronism

For the life of me, I don't know why I can't find such a simple thing, I know they're available. I'm looking for a chamber brush handle that holds 6 brushes for cleaning all 6 chamber of my 686 at one time. I shoot a lot of cast bullets and need to give my chambers a quick brush between relays. I used to see them all over the place when I didn't need one.

Thanks!

For the life of me, I don't know why I can't find such a simple thing, I know they're available. I'm looking for a chamber brush handle that holds 6 brushes for cleaning all 6 chamber of my 686 at one time. I shoot a lot of cast bullets and need to give my chambers a quick brush between relays. I used to see them all over the place when I didn't need one.

Thanks!

anachronism, It is called an Allison Speed Brush, do hickkie, thingamabob, but never a thingamajig. :roflol: You may be able to google "Allison Speed Brush" and see what comes up. I don't know who else carries them. Later rdd

ETA

Just tried the google thang and Brownells came up having them. Hope this is helpful later again rdd

Edited by Bubber

If you try a 6 brush thingamabob with brass bristle brushes, you may find that the effort to pull the thing OUT of the cylinder is a lot tougher than pushing it IN. The problem is the effort required to get all 6 brush bristles reversing their hold on the interior of the chambers. Nylon bristle brushes aren't as tough to work with.

With just one, I find myself giving it a little twist as I start the return stroke, and it comes out easily.

We're talking about cylinder brushes here. :devil:

If you try a 6 brush thingamabob with brass bristle brushes, you may find that the effort to pull the thing OUT of the cylinder is a lot tougher than pushing it IN. The problem is the effort required to get all 6 brush bristles reversing their hold on the interior of the chambers. Nylon bristle brushes aren't as tough to work with.

With just one, I find myself giving it a little twist as I start the return stroke, and it comes out easily.

We're talking about cylinder brushes here. :devil:

I think they push all the way through, letting the bristles relax and bend back the other way.