Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magazine springs for a P16 with Dawson pads

wmspdi

I recently purchased a pre 2002 Para P16-40 used. The package included 4 blued Para magazines with Dawson +5/6 base pads. I disassembled all of the magazine to clean them and noticed they looked to be the factory original springs. I have no idea the age of the springs, but they felt a little weak compared to the springs that came with my Glock Arredondo and Taylor Freelance base pads. I plan to replace all of the Para magazine springs before use, but I am unsure what I need.

Wolff sells +10 springs in the stock length, but also offers extended length springs (extra 3 coils) for magazines with extended base pads. The Wolff web site claims these extended springs require modification but give no other information. I assume the springs would have to be trimmed based on the make and model of the base pad. The question is how much. Dawson also offers springs (made by Wolff) for Para HI CAP magazines, but doesn't say if they are for stock mags, or use with their base pads. Their web site provides no other information. From experience what's the best way to go?