Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Front Sight

Bwana Six-Gun

Matt, the quality of the Revolver prize table at Nationals has varied pretty substantially over the years. I'll grant you, the 2010 Nats prize table pretty much sucked. But there have been years when they threw out half a dozen guns and several other nice "bigger" prizes. Not sure why there has been such a variation.

The point I'm trying to make is that a good prize table would provide an extra incentive to the better shooters from the other divisions to switch over and participate in a stand-alone Revo Nationals. It would also be important to truly promote the match across the USPSA membership, not just here in our little corner of the BE universe.

Since Julie G. seems to have taken an interest in wheelgunning, and since S&W's interest in competition shooting seems to have been re-invigorated lately, I hope that will eventually translate into meaningful match sponsorship from S&W in the one division where they truly dominate the market share.

I'm still pretty new to the wheelgun, so I'll defer to Mike. Maybe we can convince them to start putting on a #%@#$ 5" barrel again. Of course if everyone starts shooting revolver I won't get to see the prize table any more.

H.

Mike, I agree with not wanting 6 round neutral nor dumbing down the Match.

But, it looks as if the SS Nationals may be in the process of being changed. They are even going a Slot route for some of it this year.

I didn't realize it lacked challenge in its present format.

If Memphis could pull that one off, with USPSA sponsorship, it would be great. But I doubt if it will ever happen. The best that could be would to have it paired with something that doesn't pull away competitors.

Yikes, isn't it the Open/Revo Nationals this year? That might be interesting.

Mike, I agree with not wanting 6 round neutral nor dumbing down the Match.

But, it looks as if the SS Nationals may be in the process of being changed. They are even going a Slot route for some of it this year.

If Memphis could pull that one off, with USPSA sponsorship, it would be great. But I doubt if it will ever happen. The best that could be would to have it paired with something that doesn't pull away competitors.

Yikes, isn't it the Open/Revo Nationals this year? That might be interesting.

Open Revover Nats! OOOH I can hardley wai...oh I see.. nevermind..:) later rdd

The one part of this original thread that still bothers me is the request by someone other than the shooter to pull a target.

A 3rd party appeal (arbitration) can be filed, but apparently that wasn't the case.

Can any competitor have someone else's target pulled now for an RM look over? If so, I can see a lot of room for mischief.

Gary

I didn't say the SSC lacked challenge. Actually, they do a pretty good job of setting up stages that fit the traditional parameters of 8-round arrays, relatively little movement, and no more than 24 rounds per stage. The SSC is fun for what it is, I just wouldn't want to shoot a Revo Nationals set up that same way.

The one part of this original thread that still bothers me is the request by someone other than the shooter to pull a target.

A 3rd party appeal (arbitration) can be filed, but apparently that wasn't the case.

Can any competitor have someone else's target pulled now for an RM look over? If so, I can see a lot of room for mischief.

Gary

It was really a strange situation, Gary. I don't know what the CRO was thinking. Whether the match officials handled it right after the fact, I guess I'm not sure.....but believe me, none of us blamed Jerry for pushing the issue.

I didn't say the SSC lacked challenge. Actually, they do a pretty good job of setting up stages that fit the traditional parameters of 8-round arrays, relatively little movement, and no more than 24 rounds per stage. The SSC is fun for what it is, I just wouldn't want to shoot a Revo Nationals set up that same way.

You should draw and submit some stages for both matches, then.

Troy

Maybe we really do need to push for the Memphis match to become the officially sanctioned USPSA National Revolver Championship. In order to attract the guys from other divisions, there would need to be a real prize table with a bunch of guns. No more "charity" for Stanley.

Hey! I resemble that remark! :rolleyes: