Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

High Def

heckle

post-16335-086843400 1295321116_thumb.jp

I set this stage up a couple months ago and thought I'd share it. Start Position- Staniding outside of shooting area A or B with toe's touching any fault line. Gun is loaded and holstered, all other loading devices must be placed on any or all barrels that are in the shooting area's. Stage Description- On start signal engage targets from area A or B.

Spanky, thanks for the help with Sketchup.

Ohhh would be so tempted to go for it with a big stick.

I was thinking it was 28 rounds...my screen had cut off the right most paper target.

Yeah, I'd likely set it up such that the left popper was behind the barrel a bit...so that a shooter would have to get a step away from the reload barrel (they'd have to step to the right of Area A to see all the targets).

Hmmm...I wonder if it were 28...just change the mix up to add a few more steel in place of some paper??

No calibration problems with steel the MD also had me put barrels to the left of all the poppers to eliminate glancing rounds, it also made it so the poppers where only available from area A.

Ohhh would be so tempted to go for it with a big stick.

I was thinking it was 28 rounds...my screen had cut off the right most paper target.

Yeah, I'd likely set it up such that the left popper was behind the barrel a bit...so that a shooter would have to get a step away from the reload barrel (they'd have to step to the right of Area A to see all the targets).

Hmmm...I wonder if it were 28...just change the mix up to add a few more steel in place of some paper??

Flex, I also wound up with a no-shoot just to the left of the right most target to keep new shooters from breaking the 180, The no-shoot also made it so you had to start or move to the right side of area A. A barrel would be a better option then a no-shoot but it worked out.

How tall were the barricades? Did you shoot over, under, or around them? I would like to set this stage for a local match.

Thanks for the info.

Walls are all 4' X 8', the wall on the left was set on the ground so that the shooter(s) had to shoot over it, these targets were set on the ground with lay down target stands, the wall in the middle was 2'off the ground and was used to block the shooters view of the targets, the wall to the right was 2'off the ground and has a port to shoot through these targets were place so that at least one target was only visible through the port and nowhere else.

• 1 month later...

Here is my version of the stage (given limitations in bay size). Start handgun loaded on table and all ammo on table before start signal. Instead of two separate shooting areas, I used the table to break up one shooting area. Forbidden action: standing on the table (it is, after all, inside the shooting area).